Thread: Converter Quandary....

goes looking for thin ice to walk on little Lord Fauntleroy
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 74
    Rep Power 134217877

Default Converter Quandary....

Apogee Symphony vs Lynx Aurora. Please discuss.
    And Then there Were Three Dog Night Group sex therapist
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 4,877
    Rep Power 536871170

Default Re: Converter Quandary....

Symphony is customizeable, so you can probably tailor it for exactly what you need, Aurora is cheaper and probably more bang for the buck.
    When in doubt, mumble!

EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE SHIT IF YA LISTEN LONG AND HARD ENOUGH.
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 74
    Rep Power 134217877

Wondered if anybody had had experience of both really. We use Apogee Rosetta at present so wondered if anybody thought that the switch to Lynx would feel like a downgrade.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Sweden
    Posts 13,415
    Rep Power 536871455

In my opinion, it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Though I am kind of curious as to why you are switching, since you appear to be doing it within roughly the same price/performance bracket?

Unless you are doing it specifically because you like the sound of the Lynx Aurora, but since you are asking this question it would appear you don't really know what it sounds like?

otek
    "Tube color is not the 'thing'. Why would the most linear amplifying device have a color?" - Jonte Knif
    Surfing the net at work every day! Voted for Eisenhower 'cause Lincoln won the war
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Posts 332
    Rep Power 268435545

With the Symphony you will have expandability like nobody's business.

I mean, if you have a Mac with Thunderbolt, soon you could have a 32 I/O system one one tiny TB cable.

But the Lynx is cheaper, and there are good records being made with them as we speak...sooo...
    "Oh, did I just leave out a kick drum?...That's what got me the job. - Brad from Adventure Drums
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 74
    Rep Power 134217877

In my opinion, it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Though I am kind of curious as to why you are switching, since you appear to be doing it within roughly the same price/performance bracket?

Unless you are doing it specifically because you like the sound of the Lynx Aurora, but since you are asking this question it would appear you don't really know what it sounds like?

otek
    You're I've yet to here eirher Symphony or Lynx converters in action, let alone on an AB situation.
    At the mo we only have an HD1 set up with a couple of the old Digi 96 boxes clocked to a Rosetta800. It limits us to 48k on any sort of reasonable track count. In order to move up to 96k we were going to go to HDX and we are looking at the I/O options is all.
    W