songwriter: RiF
    lead vox: Carlo
    growls: AXxiumRage
    drums: Drumwaiter
    bass: zoesch
    keys: E. Shaun
    guitars: AxeSlash
    guitars: Damage, Inc.

Dwoz gave some really good input in the early stages but had to opt out of playing.
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Turin, Italy
    Posts 1,111
    Rep Power 536871056

Default Re: CAPE 10 reveal - Team Samizdat

Christ almighty on a tricycle! You guys went/are nuts

Carlo, is that you dong growl??
    - I fear anybody worried about not sounding like themselves is somebody who really doesn't want to sound like themselves. - Bob Olhsson

Cape 7 Team Mindbenders - Lead Vox

Voice like Marcel Marceau Thinks Howard Stern is relevant
    Join Date Mar 2009
    Location New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts 278
    Rep Power 536871021

Christ almighty on a tricycle! You guys went/are nuts
    I nearly died several times. If you listen carefully you might be able to hear my screaming in agony during the blast section.

Carlo, is that you dong growl??
    That is special guest AXxiumRage on growls.

This team was INCREDIBLY intimidating. It's hard to believe that this is the kind of team I'm put on when I put myself down as whatever the option was just above "adequate". I'd really hate to see what kind of team "maestro" would get me... lol.

Seriously these boys play for keeps. We're even working on the B-Side now. They're fucking machines.
    Mathieu Benoit

www.fluidaudiogroup.com

www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup

"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

"Anybody who doesn't agree with me can swoggle my slimy taint in the Large Hadron Collider." -Slipperman

once played a seventh chord in a folk song Can't believe it's not butter
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Germany
    Posts 178
    Rep Power 536871010

CAPE 10 had been a wonderful experience for me on Team Samizdat. Such a great bunch of gifted, nice and creative people. Thanx and cheers to Team Samizdat for letting me being part of this !

I just counted 1200+ posts on our private forum .

"Drumwaiter spent 20 minutes pulling his DW9000 twin pedal out of storage at great personal risk. He will be using double kick!"
    SoundBlaster™ Expert Jewish Rapper... Busta Hymen
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On the bright side of life!
    Posts 4,138
    Rep Power 536871178

That's just fucking good
    Mac

Don't be worried about your anosognosia.

Being a professional is not about how good you are at your best,
    but how good you are at your worst.

Creating complex solutions is easy.

Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Germany
    Posts 178
    Rep Power 536871010

If anybody doesn't want to listen through the whole 10 minutes, please do yourself a favor and jump to about 6:30 before stopping.

"Drumwaiter spent 20 minutes pulling his DW9000 twin pedal out of storage at great personal risk. He will be using double kick!"
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Location Saskatoon, SK
    Posts 92
    Rep Power 134217845

Wow.... Fuck.

Awesome
    Broadcast Audio : CTV Saskatoon
    Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Fletcher's prison bitch
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 451
    Rep Power 536871056

"then we'll know we've killed you..."

T-shirts, anyone?

Kickass everything, Samizdat Warriors!
    Spammer Wife left with tractor salesman...got John Deere letter
    Join Date Jun 2011
    Location In a House.
    Posts 203
    Rep Power 0

Holy Fucking Fuck Boys!!! Epic.
    SAE Institute Alumni Professionals little Lord Fauntleroy
    Join Date Mar 2011
    Location Any way the wind blows.
    Posts 70
    Rep Power 134217826

Holy jumping shit balls those 2 last minutes could be looped forever if you ask me :-)

Well done guys!
    The Public Sucks, Fuck Hope!
    Being Over There Now Retired phone sex worker... no more hang-ups!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location here I am, you're looking at m
    Posts 3,622
    Rep Power 536871161

I could turn the volume down on this and it would still pin my ears back to the wall. Such is the magic of Zoesch.

But I think I'd rather crank this bitch up and scream, like I did in my car just now. Too many "aw hell yeah" moments to mention here, from Carlo's amazing lungs to Shaun's perfect keyboard arrangement to DW's blast and that fucking titanium wall of guitars.

RiF, that is a hell of a song you unleashed on this lot, and they more than did it justice. Hands down my favorite of the lot so far.
    wardrobe malfunction investigator 329 M/S Hen=Mock Chicken!
    Join Date Aug 2007
    Location Melbourne, VIC, Aus
    Posts 36
    Rep Power 167772339

"then we'll know we've killed you..."

T-shirts, anyone?

Kickass everything, Samizdat Warriors!
    Hrmm, I think you might have your teams mixed up with that quote! I'm pretty sure that line is from Team WGO's song. Nice T-Shirt idea, so we're moving into merch?

Anyhow, great song Team Samizdat! Epic indeed, the more I listen to it the more it grows on me \m/
    Sweet Child o' Mime Theo's brother the Painter
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Pretentious City, Straya
    Posts 1,838
    Rep Power 536871102

I could turn the volume down on this and it would still pin my ears back to the wall. Such is the magic of Zoesch.

But I think I'd rather crank this bitch up and scream, like I did in my car just now. Too many "aw hell yeah" moments to mention here, from Carlo's amazing lungs to Shaun's perfect keyboard arrangement to DW's blast and that fucking titanium wall of guitars.

RiF, that is a hell of a song you unleashed on this lot, and they more than did it justice. Hands down my favorite of the lot so far.
    Awww... thanks but I do bring no magic, I had a great team to work with and they were just that amazing...

Coded messages in plain text...

Originally Posted by Dwoz
    Most audiophiles could listen to PERFECT pink noise and get just as much enjoyment out of it.
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Dated Paris Hilton before she was a tramp!
    Join Date Jan 2012
    Location Long Island NY
    Posts 28
    Rep Power 268435612

Great theater wow.

> titanium guitars

uh-huh..

One thing very cool, at 1:35 when the first pre-song is over, you still have so much understated drama and theater in there with those big interval guitar chimes. I love the Moody-Blues-cross-The-Band backing vocals right before you kick it at 2:35.

That minute 1:35 to 2:35 was such cool music, it's awesome to hear it come back in an even bigger form at 3:35 after the first metallic bit.

How did you guys manage to collectively have this pictured in your heads over a few months of emailing parts around? It's f'n impressive.
    Ambidextrous Onanist Reads Playboy for the articles
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Houston,Tx
    Posts 1,031
    Rep Power 536871075

Rock and Motha' Fukkin' Roll Baby!!!!!

Stellar playing by everybody.

carlo, you are SLAYING me man!!!!!
    "If you don't try new things you will miss out on many of life's great disappointments."
    CAPE Teams: MIXERMAN SPIRIT ORGANIC TWANG NOCTURNE AZRAPHAEL BIGBANDTHEORY HORIZON GREENROOM BARRICADES
    Being Over There Now Retired phone sex worker... no more hang-ups!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location here I am, you're looking at m
    Posts 3,622
    Rep Power 536871161

Awww... thanks but I do bring no magic, I had a great team to work with and they were just that amazing...
    Stop it. You are making me pine for the glory days of Team Industry, and you know I am down with that whenever you find it necessary to reconvene that lot.
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Germany
    Posts 178
    Rep Power 536871010

How did you guys manage to collectively have this pictured in your heads over a few months of emailing parts around? It's f'n impressive.
    It's all about the magic of the collaborative energy in this team (and not just 2 or 3 people, I mean everybody !). I came up with 3 "premade" songs, all of them got more or less dismissed and I (or we, better said) wrote this one from scratch in about 2-3 weeks while zoesch lead us through the process with a carrot and a stick . The ideas, critique, passion and dedication of everybody made this happen.
    Pure fun and we're all very proud of the end result.

Blonde on Blonde is a record? Calls Soccer Football
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location North of Seattle
    Posts 2,312
    Rep Power 536871118

Rock and Motha' Fukkin' Roll Baby!!!!!
    Thanks sqky...the rough that was provided from Rif, actually scared the hell out of me...I didn't think I could ride, much less get in the same pasture as that bull. But you could feel the pressure, and the theme of Occupy just fell into place with the structure...I always am looking for a nail to hang my sad-ass stories on, and this spike tore a good chuck outta my hide.

Having a damn arsenal of players like Axe and Damage,along with Drumwaiter showed me a whole other world of music that I hadn't had any experience with.

Veterans like E Shawn, and Zoesch speak softly, but carry very big sticks. Their wisdom and history helped immensely, along with their chops.

It was great having my friend AXxiumRage drops some vocal tracks that I have no business even dreaming of...crazy jarhead.

And long suffering Morten the Mixer...man did these guys give him HELL, and he graciously, and professionally handled all...something a mere mortal would never accomplish!

Like a fuckin' machine, I tell ya!

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Large dairy air enthusiast Runs a 4.35 forty...yeah right!
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts 1,188
    Rep Power 536871075

ace

I was reading my newspaper enjoying the music then this one came along and I had to put the paper down and rewind.
    start again.

stellar
    you kicked the ball out of the park.