Thread: Sterling Sound, NYC, No Wonder

In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Sunny San Juan, P.R.
    Posts 562
    Rep Power 469762110

Enjoy Sterling Sound, NYC, No Wonder

No Wonder Ww and company are always talking about good food, gourmet food, interesting food, cool food --- this place sits on top of Chelsea Market!!

I know I'd personally gain 20 pounds if I stayed for more than a week doing some sort of production here.

Anyway since I don't stalk places online enough, I'd never ever imagined I would just randomly and casually just walk into their doorway -- which is what happened, as I was strolling through the city looking for food. #FOOD

This time around, NYC didn't seem soooo rude or vane... And I can even say I enjoyed my time.

take care new yorkers,
    -h
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5976.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	11925  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	11926  

Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Confused by Rosie O's attraction to Tom Cruise
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Third Stone From The Sun
    Posts 465
    Rep Power 536871020

Default Re: Sterling Sound, NYC, No Wonder

There are some great eats in the city... and Sterling is a great place for sure. Once when I was went their to have a project mastered that I produced, I had to give Ted Jensen 1/2 my sandwich when the assistant got the order wrong... Learned a lot that day.
    Roadside Outcast Dept. Short-rope candidate
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On location...
    Posts 5,060
    Rep Power 536871207

Learned a lot that day.
    Yeah.

Apparently good assistants are hard to find...

Cheers,
    Tim
    Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity.

The best radio mic system that money can buy is ALMOST as good as a $20 cable.

One of the most important things to remember about sound is:
    'Sucks' is always conducted better than 'Rules'. - Pimp-X wisdom

Never underestimate the power of stupid - Blackie C (RIP)

Ego and talent seldom go hand in hand... Talent and humble on the other hand... - Zoesch

Weedy ignores this simple bit of glaring obviousness because he is an "ELECTRIC BASS GUITARIST"(coughcough)
    and views the kick drum as a "bass riff rhythmic pattern suggestion generator" - Slipperman
    Has Many Personal Intergritys Expensive Boat Anchor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,659
    Rep Power 536871394

Never mind Chelsea Market itself... Morimoto is in the building and Collichio and Sons and Del Posto are across the street.

Seriously great restaurants.
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Sunny San Juan, P.R.
    Posts 562
    Rep Power 469762110

hahah @Walt, half a sandwich for great mastering ... sounds like a sterling deal!

Whoa, didn't even know Morimoto was so close !! I would have gone there if I knew it was so close!!

We ended up having cocktails at that bar/rest place in the building with the round windows like a cruise-ship ... it was so crowded.

Then I had the best pasta of my life in that place by the entrance to chelsea market. Super friendly service, actual New York smiles there by service people.

Who knows, maybe after my date with the tooth fairy and shooting hoops with the easter bunny I'll even return there for some sort of scoring gig or recording or some other sandwich deal.
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Location California
    Posts 1,104
    Rep Power 536870999

I love New York and have found most of the negative stereotypes to be inaccurate.