Thread: DUY plug users

once played a seventh chord in a folk song Utterly Superior Cocksmanship
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 199
    Rep Power 156669284

Default DUY plug users

I bought the Everpack for Windows XP last Friday morning and received the "Challenge code authorization" this afternoon from Xavier and when I paste it or even type it in I get the message that it's the WRONG authorization code and when I go to "quit" the plug it tell's me that my 15 day demo(used only for 2 days)is expired.

I mixed 2 song's this weekend(at $100 per tune)using 11-15 instances of these plugs(they sound incredible)in their 15 day demo mode and within 20 more hour's the client will pick them up.I am only used to ILOK/Dongle situations and not this "Challenge code" stuff.Am I doing something wrong to authorize these plugs?Why would they send me the wrong code?I need these to work or i'll look like an ass when my client pick's up his mixes.I'f i'm doing something wrong authorizing these plug's then please let me know.Thanx in advance.
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Ireland
    Posts 195
    Rep Power 316459119

Default Re: DUY plug users

I had a similar problem and they sent me a new response by email within a few hours.
    Although there's not much we can do here to help you...Here's some obvious advice : you need to call DUY asap, and keep trying 'til they answer, or email them with an "urgent reply needed" in the subject bar.

goodluck
    Last edited by Oreganmusic; March 12th, 2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling!!
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 22
    Rep Power 97

Dont shut down or close Pro Tools till you get your auth. That will at least get you through these mixes. Duy are amazing plugins, with awful service....
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 199
    Rep Power 156669284

Xavier has been trying his best.He sent me another auth code but that did'nt work either.I wish these plugs codes could just be stored in my ilok with my PT,McDSP,and all of my other plugs.Even when this get's worked out I format my drives every 6-8 month's and re-install all of my software and I don't want to have this problem again in the future when I do.

This challenge response thing is a bad,bad,bad idea.Dongle's work great.
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 199
    Rep Power 156669284

Xavier saved the day in the nick of time.The 3rd code was the charm and now i'm rolling.CHEERS!