Thread: Songwriter in need of a band

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

Default Re: Songwriter in need of a band

I have a bass line for that. Couldn't figure out the tempo.
    Cool, Click was set to 90 BPM. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

All the best of the festered season lads. All the work you've done has been a great gift for me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hope Santa brings you all a cornucopia of pres and mics. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554282

You too Logan. Merry Christmas. Santa already paid his visit here and brought me this:
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1419436489906.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	12837  

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 11,778
    Rep Power 536871398

You too Logan. Merry Christmas. Santa already paid his visit here and brought me this:
    Nice!
    http://www.johnnyoklahoma.com/

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Sqweels like a pig!
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,231
    Rep Power 536871007

Happy XMas everybody!

My Mixes on Soundcloud

With great monitors its easy to hear and fix problems but hard to enhance things that already sound good.

With hyped monitors, everything sounds good so you don't hear the problems.

With bad monitors, it seems easy to make absolutely anything sound better because you are really fixing the sound of the monitors rather than the sound of the recording.
    Astrological sign is "Feces"! Sees nothing wrong with playing WOW
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544276

Happy XMas everybody!
    This!

John Watson - I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554282

Hep! - just finished uploading some drums for Occupy. Happy holidays!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

Cool, thanks for the work man, I'll have a listen when I get to the studio. And all the best to you and your family in 2015, hope it's a great exciting year for you and yours. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

Hep! - just finished uploading some drums for Occupy. Happy holidays!
    Great track brother, thanks for that. I did a new vocal, better I think, and a bass track, not great, until a bass player can do some thing. I'll post them to the dropbox tomorrow. Perhaps a sparser guitar track tomorrow as well. take care, Logan
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544276

Just saw bjerre's drum track in the db. Did a quick run-through with it, probably have it up tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay - holidays are insane here....

John Watson - I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544276

u/l'ing demo bass for occupy as I type. kinda went a different direction from Logan's demo, i'd love to hear what you guys think.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

Cool, haven't listened yet, but hopefully I'll get a chance later today. Thanks for the work man, all you guys are the best. Happy New Year man, hope the coming year is great for you and yours. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

OK Hold On has a rough of the horn section, was a chore because of a weird latency issue that cropped up and took some time to solve so the player had to struggle with a pretty significant delay, still the tracks are not bad but we will redo them in the near future. My Alphalink/madi system sometimes does not follow the buffers I set in Reaper and I have to shut down the whole system and reboot to get them to work properly, a relatively new development here as far as I can tell, never encountered it before. Any of you guys using Reaper, run into this? Another guy tells me there are artifacts on the horns when he listens to the mix I posted in the dropbox, I'm not getting this here, anyone else getting this?

Haven't got a mix up with unbearable's bass on Occupy yet, will soon, been busy here just trying to keep the place warm. I heat just with wood and we had an unusually wet summer and my fire wood is not as dry as it should be so I've spent a wack of time in the bush looking for dead dry wood to mix in to keep the place a reasonable temp been almost a full time job since christmas. Any enough of the romantic life style of an old bush hippie in Canada. I'm hoping to get back at this on a more full time basis soon.

Just noticed my dear friend Wayne (the handsome liar) O'Conner has posted guitar tracks and a B3 track for $100 in the drop box so I'll have to stoke up the fires and get into the studio and pull those tracks into the project. Sorry for the slow progress lads. Take care, Logan
    Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Sqweels like a pig!
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,231
    Rep Power 536871007

OK Hold On has a rough of the horn section, was a chore because of a weird latency issue that cropped up and took some time to solve so the player had to struggle with a pretty significant delay, still the tracks are not bad but we will redo them in the near future. My Alphalink/madi system sometimes does not follow the buffers I set in Reaper and I have to shut down the whole system and reboot to get them to work properly, a relatively new development here as far as I can tell, never encountered it before. Any of you guys using Reaper, run into this? Another guy tells me there are artifacts on the horns when he listens to the mix I posted in the dropbox, I'm not getting this here, anyone else getting this?

Haven't got a mix up with unbearable's bass on Occupy yet, will soon, been busy here just trying to keep the place warm. I heat just with wood and we had an unusually wet summer and my fire wood is not as dry as it should be so I've spent a wack of time in the bush looking for dead dry wood to mix in to keep the place a reasonable temp been almost a full time job since christmas. Any enough of the romantic life style of an old bush hippie in Canada. I'm hoping to get back at this on a more full time basis soon.

Just noticed my dear friend Wayne (the handsome liar) O'Conner has posted guitar tracks and a B3 track for $100 in the drop box so I'll have to stoke up the fires and get into the studio and pull those tracks into the project. Sorry for the slow progress lads. Take care, Logan
    Hey, good to see you again here!
    I can't help you with Reaper, being a PT guy...

Anyway...I'm still up for some mixing if you wish, so I'll be here keeping an eye on the progress.

My Mixes on Soundcloud

With great monitors its easy to hear and fix problems but hard to enhance things that already sound good.

With hyped monitors, everything sounds good so you don't hear the problems.

With bad monitors, it seems easy to make absolutely anything sound better because you are really fixing the sound of the monitors rather than the sound of the recording.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871055

Hey, good to see you again here!
    I can't help you with Reaper, being a PT guy...

Anyway...I'm still up for some mixing if you wish, so I'll be here keeping an eye on the progress.

Definitely! Seems $100 may soon be ready once I get the new guitars and B3 sorted. When you play the rough mix of Hold On from the dropbox do you hear artifacts in the horns or overall mix? I use a lot of noisy plugs with drive these days, Radiator, the UBK stuff and the Wave's 12345 console strip thing, maybe that's what he's hearing, but he described it as a whistling artifact, so I'm trying to figure out if I have something really out of wack, Take care, Logan