Thread: Songwriter in need of a band

knows every handout in every town Remote recordist...never gets chicks
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
    Posts 635
    Rep Power 536871061

Default Re: Songwriter in need of a band

I think bouncing the mp3's around is the way to go until you hit keepers.

We can always use One Drive and the like to send files as a one-off. My Dropbox os still loaded with stuff from the last Cape. Better unload it I guess.

Cheers - Steve

Guitar hack with previous. Stand well back. May sing...
    Craves piCklEmiLk Owns a Nappy Headed Hose
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

I just sent you an email with my dropbox. That one is currently empty, so whatever format we go with is fine for me. I usually record in 24/48 or 24/96, though - not 36.

Looking forward to it.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

I just sent you an email with my dropbox. That one is currently empty, so whatever format we go with is fine for me. I usually record in 24/48 or 24/96, though - not 36.

Looking forward to it.
    As long as it's 96 I don't think it really matters if the bit level is 24 or 32 FP. If you are interested in mixing some stuff as well, that's cool with me I'll probably have a go but I'd love to hear some other perspectives. Just as a preference to the whole thing I want it a little grundgy because I love that kinda vibe. I'm a big Tchad Blake fan and lately I've been abusing everything with the Soundtoys Decapitator and Deviloc and Radiator plugs, I might have to join a twelve step program soon. ;-). Take care, Logan
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

As long as it's 96 I don't think it really matters if the bit level is 24 or 32 FP. If you are interested in mixing some stuff as well, that's cool with me I'll probably have a go but I'd love to hear some other perspectives. Just as a preference to the whole thing I want it a little grundgy because I love that kinda vibe. I'm a big Tchad Blake fan and lately I've been abusing everything with the Soundtoys Decapitator and Deviloc and Radiator plugs, I might have to join a twelve step program soon. ;-). Take care, Logan
    Well, I make no claims as to being as good as Tchad Blake, but I've been a fan of The Dandy Warhols for quite some time. Abusing dirt/saturation plugs & hardware is certainly quite some fun

In other news, I'm playing with "Cell Phone Blues". I'm hearing a Rhodes line dueting a little bit with the guitar riff you have going on,but I'd like to hear a little bass before I lay it down. I'll keep going on it for now.
    Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Sqweels like a pig!
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,230
    Rep Power 536871006

In other news, I'm playing with "Cell Phone Blues". I'm hearing a Rhodes line dueting a little bit with the guitar riff you have going on,but I'd like to hear a little bass before I lay it down. I'll keep going on it for now.

I'm out for the weekend,but i might try some bass soon!

P.S.: i love Tchad Blake!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

My Mixes on Soundcloud

With great monitors its easy to hear and fix problems but hard to enhance things that already sound good.

With hyped monitors, everything sounds good so you don't hear the problems.

With bad monitors, it seems easy to make absolutely anything sound better because you are really fixing the sound of the monitors rather than the sound of the recording.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

Oh so very cool to hear about progress, by the way Rolling Beat, I know you're working in a studio so if you want to churn out a few mixes, by all means go ahead. This also goes for any of you lads who might have mixing aspirations. Can everyone open the notes? All I have is wordperfect here and I know you Mac heads sometimes have trouble with such stuff. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

Can everyone open the notes? All I have is wordperfect here and I know you Mac heads sometimes have trouble with such stuff. Take care, Logan
    Notes opened fine for me, but that was on Windows and a phone. It's a standard doc file, so it should be fine everywhere - even if the formatting gets screwy.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

Notes opened fine for me, but that was on Windows and a phone. It's a standard doc file, so it should be fine everywhere - even if the formatting gets screwy.

Excellent, take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,230
    Rep Power 536871006

I'd try some mixing for sure!
    In the studio i work in,there's only an ssl 4k wich i'm starting not to like so much.
    It's not an ideal place by any means....so i might try at home!

My Mixes on Soundcloud

With great monitors its easy to hear and fix problems but hard to enhance things that already sound good.

With bad monitors, it seems easy to make absolutely anything sound better because you are really fixing the sound of the monitors rather than the sound of the recording.
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554281

@Logan : Could you include a document with the lyrics for each song? It would make it easier to make out the form of the song, while tracking. For me at least, since we haven't met up for some preproduction rehearsals... (you're not planning on visiting Denmark, these next couple of days, are you? :-P)
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

@Logan : Could you include a document with the lyrics for each song? It would make it easier to make out the form of the song, while tracking. For me at least, since we haven't met up for some preproduction rehearsals... (you're not planning on visiting Denmark, these next couple of days, are you? :-P)
    Sure, but since I type with two fingers very slowly it'll take a while, I'll start in a while after I get a pot of coffee in me. take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,230
    Rep Power 536871006

Folks,
    i'd suggest to include our nick names in the files we upload.

It's easier to keep things organized that way IMO.

My Mixes on Soundcloud

Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554281

Hello there.

I'm listening to the Gadjet song and as a drummer, I'm a bit up shit creek here... The guitars and vocals kinda go of on a trip far from the tempo... So here's what I'm thinking: Should I try and lean on the performance or the click? Down the road, it would probably be a lot easier for the other instruments, if I layed it down to the click. But that would mean cutting up/disregarding/re-tracking the guitar and the vocals...

What to do? There's especially one part, where the guitar and vocals kinda skips a beat and goes of on a rythmic tangent to return somewhere close to where they left the beat... Should I take the role of a drummachine, and keep the beat, for the sake of layering other tracks?
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

Folks,
    i'd suggest to include our nick names in the files we upload.

It's easier to keep things organized that way IMO.

I don't know... I'm a fan of disorganized surprises.....

:sly:

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

Hello there.

I'm listening to the Gadjet song and as a drummer, I'm a bit up shit creek here... The guitars and vocals kinda go of on a trip far from the tempo... So here's what I'm thinking: Should I try and lean on the performance or the click? Down the road, it would probably be a lot easier for the other instruments, if I layed it down to the click. But that would mean cutting up/disregarding/re-tracking the guitar and the vocals...

What to do? There's especially one part, where the guitar and vocals kinda skips a beat and goes of on a rythmic tangent to return somewhere close to where they left the beat... Should I take the role of a drummachine, and keep the beat, for the sake of layering other tracks?
    Well definitely play it to the click. I don't notice it being out of wack here but, I know I have the worst timing in the world, I'll listen later and perhaps try and redo the tracks, but if you can produce a drum track with what is there playing to a click then go ahead. I never intended those tracks to be the final ones I will redo any guitar and vocals once I have some tracks to work to.

I've been having some computer internet problems here, with a wonky internet and a video card that has decided to pack it in on the box I use for internet, I got it going again but I have to get to town and replace it to get some reliability back, but that's an all day trip for me so if I'm MIA for a bit it's died completely. I'm struggling along trying to get the lyric sheets together with this box that's shutting down intermittently, hopefully I'll get them up soon. then I'll rebuild this box. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

I stuck in the lyrics for three songs, but I can't face trying to type Snake Charge until I get this box fixed it winks out when the video card dies and i lose the stuff I'm working on, Try to get it together as soon as I can get to town for parts.

Rolling Beat did you take your bass track out, it seems to have disappeared? Take care, Logan
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

If rolling_beat throws his baseline back in there, I'll start playing with a Rhodes line.

If I'm feeling adventurous, maybe I'll try to transcribe Snake Charge.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

Unbearable has put in a bass track can you see that? Take care, Logan
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870984

Unbearable has put in a bass track can you see that? Take care, Logan
    I can log in and see it from my phone. I'll verify tonight when I get home from running my kids around that it imports correctly, etc.

Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,230
    Rep Power 536871006

as you can see now, ubearable did the bass track on cell phone blues

it's working in my dropbox folder !

i'm leaving for work tomorrow: i'll be in Bulgaria until friday for a scoring session, so i won't be able to play until the weekend !

but i'll be here watching over you guys

My Mixes on Soundcloud