Thread: Songwriter in need of a band

Astrological sign is "Feces"! Sees nothing wrong with playing WOW
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544274

Default Re: Songwriter in need of a band

Sorry about the confusion. That was/is mine. Critique certainly welcome, btw. I tried to take over the guitar riff to give whoever tracks guitar a bit of relief from rhythm work.

The processing was done itb, so I of course have the clean di if wanted for mix time.

Cheers
    Last edited by theunbearable; March 4th, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

John Watson - I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

Craves piCklEmiLk Owns a Nappy Headed Hose
    Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 418
    Rep Power 536870983

I'm happy to report that the files all import into a DAW correctly .

Give it a day or two or 3, and I'll have some sort of rhodes line up there. It will likely just be a simple blues riff mimicing bass & gtr line for now, but it'll work as a scratch for tracking & for something to play off of.
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554280

I just added drums for Snake Charge. I tracked to a metronome going 160 bpm, so the guitars, and vocals needs to be re-tracked to the drums, if we're gonna make it groove together...
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554280

Hmm - I don't know what is happening, but my only option in your Dropbox link, is to download it to my own dropbox folder. But then we aren't sharing. At least I can't see any other files, than the ones Logan put in there. I now have a drumtrack in my "Snake Charger" folder, but if I go to the folder via Logan's link, there is no drumtrack. Little help here...
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Hmm - I don't know what is happening, but my only option in your Dropbox link, is to download it to my own dropbox folder. But then we aren't sharing. At least I can't see any other files, than the ones Logan put in there. I now have a drumtrack in my "Snake Charger" folder, but if I go to the folder via Logan's link, there is no drumtrack. Little help here...
    I'm not sure either, 'cause I thought we had it setup, but your name isn't on the list of invited in my dropbox folder so I've sent another invite try that and see if it works. take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554280

Nice - that fixed it ;-)
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Cool I saw the file arrive a minute ago I will try it in about an hour. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Wow Bjerre great track man. It actually syncs up pretty well on my DAW, but I will redo the guitar and vocals to the track hopefully tomorrow. The track rocks along quite nicely and provides all the accents and pushes the lines need. I'm really chuffed, works really well. Hey stop reading man and do some more tracks, lol ;-). Thanks and take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554280

Thanks Logan - I had fun doing it. And to my dismay, found out my technique was way outdated... I couldn't play that beat in that tempo initially, so I had to do some long needed practicing :-P Will have a go at the next song, in a couple of days. I'm thinking, that the drums on cellphone sounds pretty sweet, so unless you really wanna have me try to have a go at it, I thought I would leave that one alone...
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Yah I like the drums on the cell phone blues, done by a friend in Tilborg. I'll soon stick a few other tunes in there so there will be plenty of choice. I'd love to get Hold On done because the guy who will doing sax is probably coming to visit soon and it would be cool to be able to track his part, He plays baritone and alto and soprano so we'll probably make a horn section. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544274

To whomever cares-
    I'm currently working on Snake Charge riff-wise, may track tonight (unprocessed this time). Hold On I'll have to listen through again, may demo a line in the next few days... unless of course r_b beats me to it.

p.s. I did cell phone blues on a rush, will probably retrack along the same lines when I get a little more time.... I definitely want a smoother feel to it before we commit to mixdown....

John Watson - I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Excellent, love the activity. I stuck 3 more tunes in. Plain Talk a straight 12 bar blues in A, with the DAW set at 90 BPM and 100$ a variation on a 12 bar in D with Chorus the DAW was set at 100BPM. Blue boy is in D with the DAW set at 120 BPM. I'll try to post lyrics and chord changes tomorrow. Take care, Logan
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location nc
    Posts 1,502
    Rep Power 536871083

Default Songwriter in need of a band

I'll put bass, moog minitaur, or mix a track. (Or maybe percussion If it strikes me) I'll take a peek when I get a minute. Link me to the drop box please.
    I'm a fan of cheese!
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544274

Last edited by theunbearable; March 7th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

I'll put bass, moog minitaur, or mix a track. (Or maybe percussion If it strikes me) I'll take a peek when I get a minute. Link me to the drop box please.
    hey g send me an email to link you up, I've deleted the old Bteam folder so I don't have access to it. loganmurrayatxplornetdotcom

Take care, Logan
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location Danmark
    Posts 231
    Rep Power 102554280

I just uploaded a drumtrack for "Plain Talk"

Cheers

/Kasper
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Very cool, just listened to it on WMP haven't heard it with the track yet but I like the feel, Thanks so much for your contributions. Been having crappy intermittent internet for 3 days now so I'm behind on posting notes and lyrics. I'm on a satellite hook up and it's dodgy alot, the provider says they're "working on it". Take care, Logan
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Posts 375
    Rep Power 404544274

Very busy lunch, gentlemen. Did a second pass on "snake", but I want to review it before submission. Lots of room to fuck up on that one..... Did a take on "plain talk", again just a quick double check, and I may have both uploaded tonight.

Cheers

Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Sqweels like a pig!
    Join Date Dec 2012
    Location Rome, Italy
    Posts 1,229
    Rep Power 536871004

Guys, this days are getting busier than i expected.

Right now I don't have much time to play....i'll join as soon as i have some spare time. :(

My Mixes on Soundcloud

With great monitors its easy to hear and fix problems but hard to enhance things that already sound good.

With hyped monitors, everything sounds good so you don't hear the problems.

With bad monitors, it seems easy to make absolutely anything sound better because you are really fixing the sound of the monitors rather than the sound of the recording.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871053

Very busy lunch, gentlemen. Did a second pass on "snake", but I want to review it before submission. Lots of room to fuck up on that one..... Did a take on "plain talk", again just a quick double check, and I may have both uploaded tonight.

Cheers
    Warms my heart, to hear it. Take care, Logan