Thread: Logic10.2 released... with Alchemy

Bovine Scatologist Loves British 'Cuisine'
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location In my happy place!
    Posts 1,630
    Rep Power 536871091

Sushi Logic10.2 released... with Alchemy

Title says it all. Christmas came a little early. Me gonna be loving this long time.

Check your updates.

jord
    Real guitar heroes play real guitars!!

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,630
    Rep Power 536871091

Default Re: Logic10.2 released... with Alchemy

And if Alchemy isn't your thang, there's the long list of fixes and improvements as always:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

Apple definitely seems to still be working on Logic.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    this womb is your womb, this womb is my womb drinks tea in coffeehouses
    Join Date Oct 2013
    Posts 157
    Rep Power 0

Nice :-)
    Famous Celebuskank Former African Dictator
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Charlotte, NC
    Posts 2,159
    Rep Power 536871049

Been using it for a couple of days with no issues. I'm just working with audio/mixing though. Plugins don't seem to have any problems.

i did save a copy of 10.1.x though, lol.
    Mike
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,630
    Rep Power 536871091

I've been playing with Alchemy for the past couple of days and LOVING IT!

I've been able to use similar L/A Synthesis techniques that I used to do on my Kawai K1 and K4 in addition to everything else. I should see if I can cop a Roland D-50 ROM library somewhere to see how close I can come.

Their release notes also say that they fixed the Patch behaviour... I hope they got it right this time.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Famous Celebuskank Former African Dictator
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Charlotte, NC
    Posts 2,159
    Rep Power 536871049

Is a that in relation to the external stuff?

I haven't checked the B3 behavior and whether it responds to controller data after recording.

One thing that's still around is the send bug thingy. I don't know if anyone else has seen this as it may be due to how I work, but...

If you select a channel in the mixer and adjust the level of a send, then go to another channel without selecting it and instantiate a send, type in a level for that, it looks like it doesn't do anything, but what it's done is change the value of the previous channel's send.

Let's say you select a vocal track and change send 1 to -18dB. Then without selecting the channel itself, you put a send 1 on a percussion part, double click it and type in -9. The vocal track will now be at -9 and the percussion channel will still be at infinity.

I also heard something unusual when opening a project. I have a tone generator plugin setup to calibrate external hardware that I'm summing through. I will leave this plugin bypassed most of the time and only turn it on when I'm checking something, so the channel is not muted. When I opened the project first thing in the morning, there was a loud blip of tone just as the project finished opening. I would guess that it hadn't read the state of the plugin before passing audio, and then it finished loading and the plugin's state of bypass.

i was reading on another forum and a guy said that today's engineer is someone who know thousands of unrelated trivia that can totally save the day. All related to a stupid computer hardware and software, lol.

Fred (the owner of the studio I work out of) was working on a scoring project. He has a big template loaded with tons of VSL and Hollywood strings and brass instruments. This template has been a staple and in use for several months. After working with the project for a couple of hours, it suddenly started to glitch and lose sync, with the Logic can't keep midi and audio in sync error message. The CPU was spiking and wouldn't release a couple of cores. I've run into this on large projects and knew to start bypassing plugins until the culprit was found. It was being caused by East/West's Spaces verb. Changed that to Space Designer and the problem was solved.

Back to work.
    Mike