Thread: Mixerman and the Billionheir Apparent

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts 11,591
    Rep Power 536871425

Default Re: Mixerman and the Billionheir Apparent

I don't know for sure, but I think if you get it from itunes Mixerman is more likely to get paid for it. Might be higher sound quality, also.

This is the first I've heard of it being on itunes. No other mention of it here that I'm aware of, or on Mixerman's site.

I'd like to start using itunes again at some point if I can find a way to keep Apple from hijacking my pc, rendering my WMP useless and replacing it with the PrickTime player which is a POS on a PC, like the last couple of times I used the service.
    Man! You have GOT to try a hit of this RANGE SUNSHINE!

IMTBO = In My Thoroughly Biased Opinion
    CMIIW = Correct Me If I'm Wrong
    Never underestimate the amount of contempt a failed musician has for those of us who are still trying.
    If the party's good enough, you can actually suck to a remarkable degree.

Greedle
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 11,591
    Rep Power 536871425

The Credits are read at the end of the book. @RochelleMeadows was performed by Marisa Blake, an actress and VO performer located here in Asheville, NC. Her husband Josh Blake is a record producer here, and he produced the track "Cash Money" for the audiobook, which is a killer track.

Most of the main character credits can be found in this Promo clip.

Thanks,

Mixerman
    Cool. I can wait 'til the end and see who I can recognize in the meantime.

Slipperman seems to be reprising his "Fingas" role with MC Skanky-O

It took me a minute to recognize Aardy portraying himself, what with the hilarious faux French-Canadian accent.

Sacre fuckin' bleu

Never underestimate the amount of contempt a failed musician has for those of us who are still trying.

Greedle
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,551
    Rep Power 2500000000

What's wrong with Audible?
    You can accidentally buy the product in mono on Audible because they have a one size fits all approach, and they refuse to even remove it as an option. Their CS is atrocious to the point that they have stranded customers without the product. They are an Amazon company, who is responsible for the 22k sample rate that they use. As you know, filtering everything above 11k would be a lower quality than even a cassette, yet the call it "enhanced CD Quality." If that's not false advertising, I don't know what is.

Apple uses the same stereo product that Audible does (through Audible's ACX aggregator), also at 11k, but I figure one day Apple will come to their senses and realize they would do better to compete with Audible and to do so with a higher res product. When that happens, I'm ready.

Mixerman
    #Mixerman and the Billionheir Apparent - A satire of the modern day music business

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Songwriter Gulch
    Posts 10,130
    Rep Power 536871376

Their app offers high quality and low quality with the ability to switch between. I haven't compared or listened on high quality playback.
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
    Interview
    Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
    Has Many Personal Intergritys Expensive Boat Anchor
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location New York
    Posts 10,659
    Rep Power 536871393

It took me a minute to recognize Aardy portraying himself, what with the hilarious faux French-Canadian accent.

what do you mean "faux"?

it's the other accent he uses that's faux
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,551
    Rep Power 2500000000

Their app offers high quality and low quality with the ability to switch between. I haven't compared or listened on high quality playback.
    The high quality playback (called Enhanced CD) is a sample rate of 22k.

Cutting the frequency response by half is somehow Enhanced CD, which is an absurd sample rate, especially given how many audiobooks are being produced right now.

People stream movies, yet they can't download a stereo audiobook that's at the bare minimum a 192kBps MP3? It has to be brought down to a sample rate of 22K with a maximum frequency response of 11KHz?

Mixerman
    #Mixerman and the Billionheir Apparent - A satire of the modern day music business

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 10,130
    Rep Power 536871376

My only question was about Apple vs. Audible. Both companies are scum in my opinion. MFIT just allows sort-of streaming at ultra low bitrates. I wouldn't hold my breath for any attention being paid to listening quality.
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Interview
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 11,591
    Rep Power 536871425

what do you mean "faux"?

it's the other accent he uses that's faux
    I love Ken Scott's English accent.

You'd never know he grew up in New Jersey.

Greedle
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,551
    Rep Power 2500000000

My only question was about Apple vs. Audible. Both companies are scum in my opinion. MFIT just allows sort-of streaming at ultra low bitrates. I wouldn't hold my breath for any attention being paid to listening quality.
    I know! I know! And I've investigated over options, but some ridiculous percentage of people who listen to audiobooks get them from Audible and Apple.

Really, I should be putting my audiobooks out on CD to offer the full quality.

Mixerman

Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 11,766
    Rep Power 536871396

I know! I know! And I've investigated over options, but some ridiculous percentage of people who listen to audiobooks get them from Audible and Apple.

Really, I should be putting my audiobooks out on CD to offer the full quality.

Mixerman
    Not to mention cover art, etc.
    http://www.johnnyoklahoma.com/

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 10,130
    Rep Power 536871376

I've been enjoying the Audible version. What I like is that I can listen to a bit at a time and it keeps track of where I left it between my computer, my iPad and my new Android tablet.
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Interview