Thread: macOS Sierra

Hates these rank titles! Iconoclastic plastic
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Ich bin Maroon!
    Posts 214
    Rep Power 301990045

Default macOS Sierra

Anyone? Could this be the death of core audio? My lil FireWire Duet works in ElCap according to Apogee although I'm still running Mountain Lion.
    shut up and play yer guitar...
    Quantum Psychic Thinks pizza is a meal
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 238
    Rep Power 251658483

Default Re: macOS Sierra

The Firewire Duet works fine here with macOS Sierra.
    Bovine Scatologist Loves British 'Cuisine'
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location In my happy place!
    Posts 1,630
    Rep Power 536871091

CoreAudio is just a framework within the OS. It's not going anywhere as everything audio passes through it. FireWire support and drivers for your Duet are a different story, however.

Frankly, I wouldn't be updating to Sierra until many of the key manufacturers and developers have given the nod.

jord
    Real guitar heroes play real guitars!!

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 979
    Rep Power 536870991

I got an email from Plugin Alliance warning not to update yet, just in case anyone hasn't seen that.
    Repentant Sinner Flat Earth Society Member
    Join Date Jul 2008
    Posts 1,788
    Rep Power 536871077

Most stuff I see works with Sierra - obviously with some questionmarks. But, I see no need in updating yet. Nothing that new, even though Pro Tools is working in it. But it only takes a plugin or driver to screw you over. Best to wait at least till it becomes clear that most have also made the move - helps iron out the initial teething problems. I only just moved up to El Capitan recently, I was on Mountain lion and Mavericks for ages, I never even went to Yosemite.
    SD

--------

"If yer still fucking around with it after 90 seconds, then you're gonna be fucking around with it for at least another 90 minutes... and things are not necessarily gonna be getting much better".