Thread: Who wants to help to revitalize the Womb?

SoundBlasterô Expert Jewish Rapper... Busta Hymen
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On the bright side of life!
    Posts 4,138
    Rep Power 536871177

Default Re: Who wants to help to revitalize the Womb?

Not as much spare time as I used to have, but willing to help if needed.
    Mac

Don't be worried about your anosognosia.

Being a professional is not about how good you are at your best,
    but how good you are at your worst.

Creating complex solutions is easy.

Large dairy air enthusiast Runs a 4.35 forty...yeah right!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 1,194
    Rep Power 536871079

I'm happy to get involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is no movement in golf that cannot be made more difficult through diligent study and practice." - Leslie Nielson

"do not misconstrue a lack of planning on YOUR part for a crisis on MY part." - Shotgun

www.bowermanstudios.com
    Being Over There Now Retired phone sex worker... no more hang-ups!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location here I am, you're looking at m
    Posts 3,622
    Rep Power 536871160

I'm still here.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 423
    Rep Power 536871054

Not a lot of coin in my pocket these days and dodgy internet, but I'll chip in to help anyway I can. take care, Logan www.loganmurray.net
    Surfing the net at work every day! Throws like a girl
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Milwaukee, WI
    Posts 323
    Rep Power 402653370

Love the womb and would like to see revitalized. I do not know that I have any useful skills, but could support financially.

My knowledge level is not up to par with everyone here, but I am happy to participate more in discussions.

While CAPE is something I love, I understand how hard it is to keep going.

Perhaps something like the old IMP (Indie Mixing Project) where raw tracks are posted up and everyone has two weeks to mix, then share, then discuss could come back to life here. Would love to have something like that. Perhaps splitting up duties where a lower level guy like me could clean up and host files and keep people on schedule and do updates, then a higher level, more experienced person could guide the mix discussions after the mixes are posted.

Just thinking out loud.

Give people time to reply... I used to visit here every day, but now more like once a week or every other.
    jdier - home recordist
    my band is R. Mutt
    some Live Videos from shows I have been to
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts 11,613
    Rep Power 536871427

Perhaps something like the old IMP (Indie Mixing Project) where raw tracks are posted up and everyone has two weeks to mix, then share, then discuss could come back to life here. Would love to have something like that.
    I thought we called that "MIXIT".

http://thewombforums.com/showthread....577#post442577
    Man! You have GOT to try a hit of this RANGE SUNSHINE!

IMTBO = In My Thoroughly Biased Opinion
    CMIIW = Correct Me If I'm Wrong
    Never underestimate the amount of contempt a failed musician has for those of us who are still trying.
    If the party's good enough, you can actually suck to a remarkable degree.

Greedle
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location nc
    Posts 1,507
    Rep Power 536871084

Yea man. Team local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a fan of cheese!
    wardrobe malfunction investigator "Mock Chicken" joke?...could be American.
    Join Date Feb 2013
    Location Hell
    Posts 42
    Rep Power 56

Yes please, I'll do what I can.
    Shoulda saved that for my therapist
    Surfing the net at work every day! Hall of fame numbers
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 303
    Rep Power 536871050

I'm really only qualified to play bass (kinda), but if that'll help, I'm in.
    "Learn as much as you can about anything that touches you. Be slow to anger, but tolerate no fools. Life is too short for anything else."
    bbkong
    Plays in Winger cover band Born To Be Mild!
    Join Date Sep 2007
    Location Toronto, cananda
    Posts 720
    Rep Power 536871054

I'm into what jdier is talking about! Could be helpful for anyone recording/mixing. I'd donate my own demos but they're terrible.

Seriously, gimme a job
    Surfing the net at work every day! Throws like a girl
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Milwaukee, WI
    Posts 323
    Rep Power 402653370

I thought we called that "MIXIT".
    You are likely correct. I never participated in MIXIT. I did participate in the old IMP with j. hall.
    jdier - home recordist
    my band is R. Mutt
    some Live Videos from shows I have been to
    Hates these rank titles! Thinks Alfred Einstein was a genius
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Location Ich bin Maroon!
    Posts 215
    Rep Power 301990046

I love this place. The opinions and ideas, both musical and non-related are great and always make me think. I've always stated quite plainly that I'm a part-time hack with a bedroom studio and a day job but you guys have still always been ready with advice & direction.

In my daily role I'm a web developer for an agency in the UK and apart from wrangling 2 small children my evenings could be better spent so hit me up. I'd like to help and payback some small part of my takings from this place.
    shut up and play yer guitar...
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Waiting for his millions from Nigeria
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Midlands UK
    Posts 255
    Rep Power 536870986

I have literally nothing to offer by way of skills or finances, but I'm going to post here anyway because I like this place.
    Plays in Winger cover band Enjoys scratching self too much
    Join Date Apr 2008
    Location Montreal, Canada
    Posts 716
    Rep Power 536871046

I was away on vacations for a little while, but of course I'm in. I'd also be down for something like an annual subscription. As for time, I don't have much available, but I'll gladly "donate" some to the best of my abilities.

Make the Womb hairy again!
    Former burger flipper turned Alshi expert Granfaloon
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Big rock candy mountains.
    Posts 1,074
    Rep Power 536871075

I'm in, in whatever capacity I can provide.
    I would go so far as to say that pop art is the ultimate reflection of society.

Donít think about that too much. Itís too painful.

-Mixerman
    Obsequious oddball Peggy Guggenheim's bartender
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Location Minneapolis
    Posts 1,399
    Rep Power 44689453

Love the idea of a curated mix thing.

Not a contest, per se, but something that's regular that people can participate in.

I'd be in to help.
    One can kill people with many tools; the best assassins use the best and most appropriate tools to get the job done...

-Comte
    Join Date Oct 2011
    Location Baltimore, MD
    Posts 800
    Rep Power 184549530

Maybe I'm being dense here, but while I do like the idea of emphasizing a collaborative aspect to the site, I feel like that still focuses on catering to people who are already reading/posting here. While that's not a bad thing in itself, it probably wouldn't hurt to try to expand the user base a bit.

IMO the type of things that would draw people to this site are posts like Slippermans guitar guide/rant, or weedywet's 5 mic drum setup. Basically we can all be sincere in wanting to help, but it's really up to the "heavyweights" to keep the momentum going.
    Plays in Winger cover band Enjoys scratching self too much
    Join Date Apr 2008
    Location Montreal, Canada
    Posts 716
    Rep Power 536871046

I do an extremely lousy Weedy impersonation. I'm sure no newcomer would notice the difference.
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Waiting for his millions from Nigeria
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Midlands UK
    Posts 255
    Rep Power 536870986

IMO the type of things that would draw people to this site are posts like Slippermans guitar guide/rant, or weedywet's 5 mic drum setup. Basically we can all be sincere in wanting to help, but it's really up to the "heavyweights" to keep the momentum going.
    I totally agree there - you can see from a cursory look on any recording forum, even the mixermania facebook group, to see just how much demand there is for instructional/ educational articles and how-tos.

The problem is there are so many of them, a lot of them are poorly written and by people who don't really understand their chosen subject matter.

The thing that made this forum great was the number of contributers who DID have an understanding, not just in the technicalities but through hard-earned experience and LIVING it. That perspective is invaluable.

The trick is, I guess, in, a; keeping those people interested (many have moved on now) and b; selling the idea to consumers of this knowledge that they should be discerning in where they take info from.

I guess the other thing is, if you can do that you'd want to make people pay for it, ultimately, especially as the culture of free forums seems to have gone out of fashion - hence things like "mix with the masters" etc where there's a membership fee.
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 986
    Rep Power 536870993

I totally agree there - you can see from a cursory look on any recording forum, even the mixermania facebook group, to see just how much demand there is for instructional/ educational articles and how-tos.

The problem is there are so many of them, a lot of them are poorly written and by people who don't really understand their chosen subject matter.

The thing that made this forum great was the number of contributers who DID have an understanding, not just in the technicalities but through hard-earned experience and LIVING it. That perspective is invaluable.

The trick is, I guess, in, a; keeping those people interested (many have moved on now) and b; selling the idea to consumers of this knowledge that they should be discerning in where they take info from.

I guess the other thing is, if you can do that you'd want to make people pay for it, ultimately, especially as the culture of free forums seems to have gone out of fashion - hence things like "mix with the masters" etc where there's a membership fee.
    That becomes a much bigger commitment though, doesn't it?

What I liked about this place when I first came here was that professionals just came to hang out and shoot the shit, without having to put on a public educator persona.