Thread: clients' kickstarter video

Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Never made a record...music forum mod!
    Join Date Feb 2012
    Location Columbus OH
    Posts 485
    Rep Power 536870992

Default clients' kickstarter video

Forgive me if this is foul, and please forgive and understand if so.

I just tracked and am almost finished mixing a record for a jam band sort of ensemble, and it is tremendous.

I can hear the mistakes I made tracking still, but it's all good.

They had me rush the mix, and failed to hire an outside mastering engineer, so, while it's reasonably good, the record will be even better because I got to take my time and a will submit to a great mastering engineer.

the band could use support, so if any of you think this is as cool as I, then please spread it around.

Unfortunately, it's too late for any assistance with the mix though

one other thing - the band forgot to record the one line of vocals this song has, so they tacked it onto the master, so don't blame me for that. it kinda jumps out and screams amateur for a moment. the rest is quite cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...2nd-studio-alb
    Last edited by steveschizoid; November 19th, 2016 at 10:58 AM.
    Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Never made a record...music forum mod!
    Join Date Feb 2012
    Location Columbus OH
    Posts 485
    Rep Power 536870992

Default Re: clients' kickstarter video

No comments at all?? I am just now listening to what will likely be the final mixes for this record.

It is a very good album.
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

To be honest I saw "Kickstarter" and avoided the thread. Sorry

They're good musicians and it all sounds fine. The music is too inoffensive for my tastes though. Just wanted you to know that someone did take the time to listen to the song
    Join Date Jan 2015
    Location Northern Colorado
    Posts 971
    Rep Power 536870974

Same. Nothing wrong with it... just not my jam. I did check it out though. Thanks for sharing it.

-r
    Sign Here

X________________________________________________
    Surfing the net at work every day! Throws like a girl
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Milwaukee, WI
    Posts 323
    Rep Power 402653371

No comments at all?? I am just now listening to what will likely be the final mixes for this record.

It is a very good album.
    The music is not the type I listen to, the song did not stick in my head, but the band sounds are really great. I like the sounds you captured and the way you mixed it!
    jdier - home recordist
    my band is R. Mutt
    some Live Videos from shows I have been to
    Join Date Feb 2012
    Location Columbus OH
    Posts 485
    Rep Power 536870992

To be honest I saw "Kickstarter" and avoided the thread. Sorry

They're good musicians and it all sounds fine. The music is too inoffensive for my tastes though. Just wanted you to know that someone did take the time to listen to the song
    Same. Nothing wrong with it... just not my jam. I did check it out though. Thanks for sharing it.
    -r
    Thanks for listening guys. That was a live, first and only take of that song. I agree it's not their strongest song - which may be why they chose not to put it on the album - but it does kinda fit the video.
    Join Date Feb 2012
    Location Columbus OH
    Posts 485
    Rep Power 536870992

The music is not the type I listen to, the song did not stick in my head, but the band sounds are really great. I like the sounds you captured and the way you mixed it!
    Thanks for the moral booster. I know the album mixes are way better, and Brian Lucey is going to master it, so I predict the results will be a serious ear candy fest.