Thread: More Wrong

Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

Default More Wrong

I tried an experiment. No one was around to do vocals, so I did them myself. It was painful, even with as much autotune as I could get away with without sounding like T-Pain. Fuck it though, I'd just finished a biography of Austin Osman Spare and had something to say

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a singer to do them one day.

https://soundcloud.com/rev-judas-sleaze/zos
    Join Date Jan 2015
    Location Northern Colorado
    Posts 971
    Rep Power 536870974

Default Re: More Wrong

Interesting tune. The vocals aren't as bad as you probably think they are.
    It makes me want to feel dark and mysterious, but it's got this upbeat almost polka-esk thing that confuses my mind. In a good way. I like what you have chosen to do with the song sonically.
    The drums sound good too.

-r
    Sign Here

X________________________________________________
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

Thanks man
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

Hehe... My girlfriend just heard it. She said that the vocals weren't so bad, but the song was really sleazy, it creeped her out and she never wants to hear it again.

Is it wrong that I took it as a compliment?
    Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Never made a record...music forum mod!
    Join Date Feb 2012
    Location Columbus OH
    Posts 485
    Rep Power 536870992

Hehe... My girlfriend just heard it. She said that the vocals weren't so bad, but the song was really sleazy, it creeped her out and she never wants to hear it again.

Is it wrong that I took it as a compliment?
    I'd question your long term compatibility.

If Harmonic Minor creeps her out, how will she ever deal with Hungarian Minor?

Cool song though, and you vocals aren't bad. You have a style, but not much confidence or control. if you make a habit of doing 10 minutes of vocal exercises a day and learn to use your diaphragm you'll be amazed at how much better you get.

At one point i was a guitar player/lead singer in a three piece - I sang because no one else would sing my songs the way they needed to be sang. Originally I heard a lot of "you guys are good, you have really interesting songs, but, have you considered finding a lead singer?" Finally the band urged me to take singing lessons, so I took 2 or 3 - i had little money - did the exercises and achieved "your voice sounded pretty good tonight!" in a matter of weeks. All you need is an ear and some practice.
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Waiting for his millions from Nigeria
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Midlands UK
    Posts 255
    Rep Power 536870987

I enjoyed that. I actually wanted the vocals to be a little more forward. What are the lyrics, and what's the song about?

Loved that drum groove.
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

I'd question your long term compatibility.

If Harmonic Minor creeps her out, how will she ever deal with Hungarian Minor?

Cool song though, and you vocals aren't bad. You have a style, but not much confidence or control. if you make a habit of doing 10 minutes of vocal exercises a day and learn to use your diaphragm you'll be amazed at how much better you get.

At one point i was a guitar player/lead singer in a three piece - I sang because no one else would sing my songs the way they needed to be sang. Originally I heard a lot of "you guys are good, you have really interesting songs, but, have you considered finding a lead singer?" Finally the band urged me to take singing lessons, so I took 2 or 3 - i had little money - did the exercises and achieved "your voice sounded pretty good tonight!" in a matter of weeks. All you need is an ear and some practice.
    That is encouraging, though if you'd heard the pre-tuned version I'm not sure you'd be saying the same thing
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

I enjoyed that. I actually wanted the vocals to be a little more forward. What are the lyrics, and what's the song about?

Loved that drum groove.
    Thanks man

Lyrics:

Peel God's mask back,
    Reveal nothing staring back,
    In the eye of the -
    Storm Castle Black
    The void,
    Behind the mask of Zos.

At last,
    Something real appears,
    Here in your darkest fears,
    Hid in the eye of the -
    Storm Castle Black
    The void,
    Behind the mask of Zos.

The term "Zos" is from the writings of Austin Osman Spare, an English artist and occultist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin...Zos-Kia_Cultus

The song is essentially about how deep introspection leads to finding out that the personality is like the eye of the storm, a void around which our selves revolve. The song is basically a rejection of transcendental notions of higher selves or intrinsic natures, and that any feelings of deeper purpose or divine plans are a shadow play.
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Waiting for his millions from Nigeria
    Join Date Nov 2011
    Location Midlands UK
    Posts 255
    Rep Power 536870987

The song is essentially about how deep introspection leads to finding out that the personality is like the eye of the storm, a void around which our selves revolve. The song is basically a rejection of transcendental notions of higher selves or intrinsic natures, and that any feelings of deeper purpose or divine plans are a shadow play.
    Wow, I like that. Actually, I wrote a song kind of about that called "Shell", but because I'm so poorly read I didn't realise I wasn't being original. Always the way.
    Join Date May 2013
    Location Ciderland, UK
    Posts 987
    Rep Power 536870993

Wow, I like that. Actually, I wrote a song kind of about that called "Shell", but because I'm so poorly read I didn't realise I wasn't being original. Always the way.
    Or great minds think alike!
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi no, I'm not bitter....really I'm not
    Join Date Dec 2016
    Location U.S. of Corporate Tyranny
    Posts 4
    Rep Power 9

That was really good. This is also the kind of music I like. If I had to compare it to something I'd say Secret Chiefs 3 meets The Doors, all in good ways. Singing was great. I hate when singing is over-perfected, like it's trying too hard, or self aware, or something. I dunno. This was top notch, thanks for that.