Thread: ISRC code question

Surfing the net at work every day! Has proof that JFK was president
    Join Date May 2009
    Posts 318
    Rep Power 536871020

Default ISRC code question

Hi all,

I have to supply my (US) mastering engineer with ISRC codes, and he helpfully directed me towards the local flavour of the RIAA that operates within the borders of my fine country. (I need to be registered from scratch as a performer, this is a first for me.)

My question is, would I be at any disadvantage if I registered (if at all possible) with RIAA or perhaps the BPI despite not being a resident of either the UK or the US?

The problem is that, locally, we used to have a single person handle ISRC codes. Said person has now been promoted to a senior management post, and now refuses to sully his finely manicured hands with the paperwork of the plebeian masses. The paperwork in question has now been delegated to the receptionist, who displays open hostility towards doing anything beyond drawing a salary.

Any advice on an alternative way to go about this?
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Songwriter Gulch
    Posts 10,141
    Rep Power 536871379

Default Re: ISRC code question

If there is a local registry, I don't think you have much choice.

Hi all,

I have to supply my (US) mastering engineer with ISRC codes, and he helpfully directed me towards the local flavour of the RIAA that operates within the borders of my fine country. (I need to be registered from scratch as a performer, this is a first for me.)

My question is, would I be at any disadvantage if I registered (if at all possible) with RIAA or perhaps the BPI despite not being a resident of either the UK or the US?

The problem is that, locally, we used to have a single person handle ISRC codes. Said person has now been promoted to a senior management post, and now refuses to sully his finely manicured hands with the paperwork of the plebeian masses. The paperwork in question has now been delegated to the receptionist, who displays open hostility towards doing anything beyond drawing a salary.

Any advice on an alternative way to go about this?
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
    Interview
    Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
    Surfing the net at work every day! Has proof that JFK was president
    Join Date May 2009
    Posts 318
    Rep Power 536871020

Default Re: ISRC code question

Thank you Bob.

To anyone with a similar problem - the kind folk at the International ISRC Agency offered to provide me with a ZZ code.

They're also following up to find out why this service is currently unavailable in my home country.