In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Sunny San Juan, P.R.
    Posts 562
    Rep Power 469762111

Beer Thirty What's the best Reverb on guitar you ever heard?

I was gifted a Strato last year.
    It was the first time I played a Stratocaster, after learning basic guitar.
    I felt that so many things I had questioned before, when playing my cheap Les Paul, were moot. This was IT. This is IT. wow.

Anyway,
    the first thing I want to record is some sort of luscious reverb on a relatively clean (maybe really really small amount of overdrive?) tone.

I went with a video that showed up for a new electro-harmonix: Canyon. On the almost cheap side. Very to the point. Seems like I could achieve what I want with that.

Then saw youtube video, someone had a $500 reverb box by a company whose name starts with Sky. Sounded quite good, afa one can tell from YT.

Tell me, what's your favorite way to add Reverb?
    What's the most beautiful you've heard?
    Share if possible, how was it accomplished?

The most beautiful I heard was my friend using a small russian tube amp with small cab and "some" reverb+delay stomp box. I was so daze transported and then hyped up with what followed that I forgot to have that conversation with him....

We're looking for that Airy, makes you think about the first time you smelled her perfume close to your neck, thick space sound.

Thanks in advance,
    -M
    Little River Band on The Run Internet Meme
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location State of Denial
    Posts 6,407
    Rep Power 536871253

Default Re: What's the best Reverb on guitar you ever heard?

Try the Roland/BOSS GT001 and hit the Tera reverb. It'l baffle you but it will become clear quite fast that it is way over the top. But the box is pretty much every BOSS stompbox ever for a few hundred bucks. And there are plenty delays in there that fits the bill.

Plus you get the purple Flanger. Or at least a decent rendition of it etc.

Close Range Sniper
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 11,780
    Rep Power 536871397

This is an impossible question to answer because it all depends on context. There are many "best reverbs for guitar" for me.
    http://www.johnnyoklahoma.com/

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Sep 2008
    Location Sunny San Juan, P.R.
    Posts 562
    Rep Power 469762111

Fair enough,
    thanks guys