View Poll Results: Which of the following songs would you like to MIX (voting for mixing participants only) ?

Voters 77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looking At You

8 10.39%
  • Sexy

6 7.79%
  • Liberty

5 6.49%
  • Give Me A Kiss

1 1.30%
  • Quantic

7 9.09%
  • The Lonesome Party Hero

9 11.69%
  • Outside

3 3.90%
  • Senor

38 49.35%

Thread: MiX iT! 2c – Sign Up to Mix

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Hollywood, FL
    Posts 2,351
    Rep Power 536871118

Default MiX iT! 2c – Sign Up to Mix

MiX iT! 2 Update

It is now time for everyone to pick the THREE mixes you would like to discuss in depth.

Please visit the Pick 3 Mixes thread to nominate your mix picks.

The mixing phase is now closed + the discussion phase has begun.

Please visit
    the Post It thread to listen to the possibly 98 (!!!) mixes.

And visit the
    Discuss It: Part 1 thread to discuss them.

Please post all non mix discussion questions in the MiX iT! 2 - Q&A thread. Thx!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may ONLY vote in the poll + post in this thread if you are signing up for MiX iT! 2. Please post all questions in the MiX iT! 2 - Q&A thread. Thx!

MiX iT! 2 - Sign Up to Mix

Sponsored by Kagi Media and Auraleo Advanced Learning

We are now accepting entries for mixers to participate in MiX iT! 2. Entries will be accepted from Tuesday, December 11, 2007 until Saturday, December 15, 2007 (as long as it is Saturday in your time zone you’re good).

How to enter

1. Read the MiX iT! - Global Mixing Event thread.
    2. Submit a post confirming your entry in this thread.
    3. Copy + paste the following in your entry post: "I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."
    4. Select the song you would like to Mix by participating in the Poll at the top of this page. (See song list below.)

Only upon completion of these 4 steps will your entry be accepted.

What we expect from you

1. You take part in phase 2 – Mix It.
    2. You take part in phase 3 – Discuss It.

Basically this means that you will download the song (multitrack files) that wins this Poll (even if it is not your first choice). You MIX it and post your Mix and project or session file. You will get 2 weeks to do this. The multitrack files will ONLY be available for download during the first week. During the last 2 days of the ‘Mix It’ phase you will be able to upload your Mix and project or session file to a dedicated thread. We do NOT want your Mix before you see that thread. Even if you finish it earlier. Of course we would very much welcome your input during the ‘Discuss It’ phase. After all that IS what this is all about – discussing mixing.

A couple things you need to agree to

1. You are free to Mix the song any way you see fit using any mixing tools you want. This time around the use of samples will be allowed. But time + pitch correction are NOT allowed. This is a MIXING event . Look at it this way : You are asked to do a MIX and all tracking / producing / arranging and editing of the song was done for you. All you need to do is MIX it. We want to focus on improving your mixing skills, not your editing skills.

2. You must agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons Info

Creative Commons is the license the remix sites are using to do remix events similar to what we're doing here. The following is an explanation of what Creative Commons is about from CreativeCommons.org.

“Some Rights Reserved”: Building a Layer of Reasonable Copyright

Too often the debate over creative control tends to the extremes. At one pole is a vision of total control — a world in which every last use of a work is regulated and in which “all rights reserved” (and then some) is the norm. At the other end is a vision of anarchy — a world in which creators enjoy a wide range of freedom but are left vulnerable to exploitation. Balance, compromise, and moderation — once the driving forces of a copyright system that valued innovation and protection equally — have become endangered species.

Creative Commons is working to revive them. We use private rights to create public goods: creative works set free for certain uses. Like the free software and open-source movements, our ends are cooperative and community-minded, but our means are voluntary and libertarian. We work to offer creators a best-of-both-worlds way to protect their works while encouraging certain uses of them — to declare “some rights reserved.”
    Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License

Everyone who downloads the chosen song's multitrack files must agree to the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Our basic purpose here is to protect the owners of the multitrack audio files from having others use their audio for commercial gain.

This license will grant the following rights to those downloading the tracks. The following is from CreativeCommons.org.

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

Under the following conditions:
    • Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
    • Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
    • No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
    • For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
    • Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
    • Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
    The MiX iT! file transfers for the multitrack version of the selected song will be hosted by Auraleo Advanced Learning

Listen to Songs + Pick Your Mix

Click on the song to go to the original post in the Song Submissions thread.

Looking At You

Sexy

Liberty

Give Me A Kiss

Quantic

The Lonesome Party Hero

Outside

Senior

So there you go. We're looking forward to hearing your mixes!

Thanx,
    Chris + Charles
    Last edited by Charles Dye; January 8th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
    Facebook | MySpace | eSession

"Digital banjos sound just as bad to me as analog ones." -Pimp-X
    Hates these rank titles! Ends jokes with… That's what she said
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Derbyshire, UK
    Posts 205
    Rep Power 352725035

Default Re: MiX iT! 2 – Sign Up to Mix

I agree to the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. I'm in (just as long as I get some spare time hehe - really busy at the mo with work).

I'll vote after listening to the tracks soon.

How bad is you lifestyle when it freaks out Snoop Dog? Ask Amy Winehouse!

Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 10.5.8/6.4, 13GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0.4/9, and lots of plugs... mmm!!!

Affiliate - http://multiplatinumprotools.com/cat...e_banner_id=13

CV: http://www.box.net/shared/fpeobmn4k4
    SoundBlaster™ Expert Jewish Rapper... Busta Hymen
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On the bright side of life!
    Posts 4,138
    Rep Power 536871177

Most probably I won't have the time for this, but you never know:
    I agree to the terms of this, ahem, longish license thingy and stuff.

Mac

Edit: Forced by the higher forces around here ("Hi Charles") I have to include
    the complete statement in all its beauteousness:
    "I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative
    Works 3.0 License." Cut&paste rules...
    Last edited by MacGregor; December 12th, 2007 at 01:21 AM.
    Mac

Don't be worried about your anosognosia.

Being a professional is not about how good you are at your best,
    but how good you are at your worst.

Creating complex solutions is easy.

goes looking for thin ice to walk on Not as sentimental as those other silly valentines.
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts 81
    Rep Power 45076735

I'm all about it.

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."

I take it you are allowed to vote once this post is received as it
    said I wasn't allowed to vote.

Looking foward to it., some good tunes in there.
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date May 2007
    Posts 21
    Rep Power 11535745

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."

try to vote now.....
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Oblivion
    Posts 555
    Rep Power 536871058

OK, I'm in this time 'round.

Time to listen to the tunes and vote...

"My experience has been that people who perceive a conflict between science and spirituality generally know very little about one or the other. Often they know very little about both." - Bob Ohlsson

"Real men do hard things." - Anonymous - Don't know who said it first, but I like it.
    wardrobe malfunction investigator Can't buy me love...considering rental options.
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location Eindhoven (NL)
    Posts 33
    Rep Power 128

Couldn't make the first one, but ready to join the fun now.
    .... and .....

Maarten
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi no, I'm not bitter....really I'm not
    Join Date Dec 2007
    Posts 4
    Rep Power 118

Thumbs Up! Re: MiX iT! 2 – Sign Up to Mix

I definitely agree to the above! Out of respect for the soon to be chosen songwriter and Charles and Chris! This is a way cool opportunity!

Cheers!
    ----------------------
    Three chords! So easy it makes you angry!
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location near the river
    Posts 110
    Rep Power 236

Sweet Child o' Mime Gumball Rally Driver
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Somewhere
    Posts 1,804
    Rep Power 536871097

For the specific MiX iT! 2 event refered to in this thread, I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    Intellectually perfect only means there's nothing wrong. To me, overproduction means throwing away what's right in a herculean effort to achieve nothing wrong. (Bob Olhsson)
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location singletrack
    Posts 437
    Rep Power 536871054

Me! Pick me! Me me me me me me me!

Oh, wait, this is just the signup thread.

I'm in.

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
    CAPE 9:

CAPE 8: Team Horizon
    CAPE 6: Team Qwezirider
    CAPE V: Team Omen
    CAPE IV: Team Pantheon
    once played a seventh chord in a folk song Saw Yentle 46 times
    Join Date Jun 2007
    Location South West, UK
    Posts 190
    Rep Power 134217868

Count me in again! Looking forward to it.

And I agree to the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

I haven't voted for a song yet, I need to give them all another listen.
    Bassist/struggling pizza boy! Digs Ditches
    Join Date Nov 2007
    Posts 50
    Rep Power 132203452

I'm very much looking forward to this. I'll vote before the week is out. Thanks.
    Baeli
    Surfing the net at work every day! Drives a Zamboni to work
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Vegas, baby!
    Posts 347
    Rep Power 536871051

Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi no, I'm not bitter....really I'm not
    Join Date Oct 2007
    Posts 3
    Rep Power 31540126

Voted for my song choice....
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Child Prodigy Gone Bad
    Join Date Jul 2007
    Posts 8
    Rep Power 122

I'm in... But it depends on when we get the song!!! I'm on vacation from dec 20th to dec 27th...

Voice like Marcel Marceau Snarfer extraordinaire
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Perth, Western Australia
    Posts 273
    Rep Power 536871049

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Gonna be nice to do this one over the holiday period, looking forward to it!
    "Yep there are delays and also an old 910 harmoniser on the snare on that album, with the feedback turned up and pitched down to give some length to the snare on BIB. Pretty standard trick in them olden days" - Mike Shipley
    Frustrated Chick Rock singer...now doing jazz standards poorly! Confused by Rosie O's attraction to Tom Cruise
    Join Date Oct 2007
    Posts 467
    Rep Power 536871043

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Will listen to songs and vote shortly...been working on Cape all day long.
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location Baton Rouge, La
    Posts 744
    Rep Power 536871058

I agree to the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    I would like to participate. Thank you.
     Certified iPod Trainer

Hard Rock with Logic

Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained
    Join Date Dec 2007
    Location Chile
    Posts 102
    Rep Power 58838693

I'm in!!!!

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License"