Thread: Welcome to the best forum on the internet.

Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 6,812
    Rep Power 2500000000

Default Welcome to the best forum on the internet.

There's great music to be made,

Great connections to be forged,

Good ideas to come to the top,

and who knows, maybe we'll even get to work on some collaborations or critiques...

....nahh.

Welcome all. let the games begin.

dwoz
    Martini Drinker Van Morrison's enunciation coach
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 3,209
    Rep Power 2500000000

Default Re: Welcome to the best forum on the internet.

...sure...as long as I get a single room.

Good to be here, hope to share some great music with some of you !
    Joan River's boytoy FBI Agent searching hard-drives
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Bellows Falls, Vermont
    Posts 1,470
    Rep Power 536871087

This should be great. I've been banging my head against being an instrumentalist for a while and went through innocence to experience to attitude to arrogance to overconfidence to embarrassment to cringing servility to just starting to fuck around again like I used to- full circle

As I begin to be actually decent at various things- which in some cases I'm only JUST beginning to be decent, regardless of how many neighborhood kids think I'm Jimi Hendrix- I'd really like to be working with people for the cameraderie, the experience, and just plain getting to do stuff with other musicians, which in this small town I basically don't.

It's been a long slog getting this stuff together and I'm hoping to make some connections and get out there and do stuff
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 6,812
    Rep Power 2500000000

great to see you've made it, chris...

dwoz
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location London
    Posts 24
    Rep Power 1928150

Is this the thread a newcomer introduces him/her...self.
    Hi every one! I'm Annemarie and I am a singer/songwriter/lyricist based in London.
    I mainly work with light classical music, standards and traditional folk music, French, English, Swedish, Spanish....I work live and have a CD out called "Secrets"... but I have ventured into this strange new world of yours recently mainly with my lyric writing...and it is very exciting...
    So... passionate about cross over music...
    Be gentle...
    Nice to be here...I'll check every one's music as I get more familiar with the place, and can post a couple of examples of recent collaborations in the next few days.
    amitiťs
    Annemarie
    "Il faut cultiver notre jardin." Voltaire
    http://www.annemarieborg.com
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Child Prodigy Gone Bad
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location madison, wisconsin
    Posts 9
    Rep Power 158131

I'm a newbie here, but I plan on sticking around for awhile. I loved the mixerman diaries, and can't wait to here some more stories. I've read quite a bit of the live sound forums, and man, can i relate. My main gig is a live sound FOH engineer/systems technician, but I've dabbled in the studio as well.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. That goes the same for criticism/arguments/whatever....I'm a pretty easy going guy who likes to get and give some shit now and then.

Phil
    'if we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research' - Albert Einstein
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Dated Paris Hilton before she was a tramp!
    Join Date May 2007
    Location Sweden
    Posts 25
    Rep Power 134217856

Hi everybody

I didnšt find any other place to give alittle presentation of myself so I might as well do it here

Well after years of talking about this place Otek finally persuaded me to join the womb (before it became the womb he was nagging at me to join the marsh=)

I live in Sweden, I am 24 years old, turning 25 in August, and I love writing music. The genres I write in is mostly mainstream (bubble gum pop, rock, glam, would love to write country)

I'm looking forward to my stay here at the womb, be gentle with me

Rock On!
    Tainted Love Potion Number Nine Mallory's missing camera
    Join Date Jul 2008
    Location Mars Colony
    Posts 5,049
    Rep Power 536871185

I tend to agree with the topic title of this thread. As a refugee from KVR, I feel like this place has more to offer in terms of serious music related learning and interaction. Thanks to everyone for putting it together, maintaining it, and contributing quality input to it!

Dave
    Hating Nickelback is the new liking Nickelback.

------------

Current status: Ignoring everybody on Facebook.
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Not as sentimental as those other silly valentines.
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Location Mpumalanga, South Africa
    Posts 81
    Rep Power 268435621

Hello hello. Been lurking here for a while. A friend who is seemingly over-active here introduced me. This place seems a fair bit more friendly that that slutty purple place over yonder.

Cheers
    Dave
    The Ghost in the machine. That's all I have ever been.
    www.dewaudio.com
    The bottom line remains - no matter what fancy plug-ins they come up with and what super flat response microphones. If the artist/band is shit the sound will forever be shit no matter what knobs you twiddle.
    Join Date Mar 2012
    Location The Great White North
    Posts 431
    Rep Power 536870986

This place seems a fair bit more friendly that that slutty purple place over yonder.

Cheers
    Dave
    Don't let them fool you. They lull you into complacency with talk of musicianship and performance being more important than gear but they eventually end up making fun of your haircut. Everyone here is on my enemies list. Except you. But I'm watching...
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on Not as sentimental as those other silly valentines.
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 81
    Rep Power 268435621

Thank you Thinman ;-)
    www.dewaudio.com
    The bottom line remains - no matter what fancy plug-ins they come up with and what super flat response microphones. If the artist/band is shit the sound will forever be shit no matter what knobs you twiddle.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Songwriter Gulch
    Posts 10,128
    Rep Power 536871375

If you survive the initiation, there's a lot to be learned here!
    Bob's room 615 562-4346
    Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
    Interview
    Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
    Join Date Aug 2011
    Posts 7
    Rep Power 0

Seems like I've been unbanned...how long before you think Lardy finds me and wields his all mighty powers and shit talk? Minutes...daze? How bout you Mixerchild ? Miss me?

lol
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 81
    Rep Power 268435621

Initiation? Been through various forms for plenty of days and nights... nothing new in that department I guess.

www.dewaudio.com
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Sweden
    Posts 14,273
    Rep Power 536871513

Fixed that Youtube link for you.

Dis 'n plesier.

otek
    "Tube color is not the 'thing'. Why would the most linear amplifying device have a color?" - Jonte Knif
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 81
    Rep Power 268435621

Fixed that Youtube link for you.

Dis 'n plesier.

otek
    Tack Otek!
    www.dewaudio.com
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 6,812
    Rep Power 2500000000

Seems like I've been unbanned...how long before you think Lardy finds me and wields his all mighty powers and shit talk? Minutes...daze? How bout you Mixerchild ? Miss me?

lol
    I just asked around...nobody has the vaguest notion of who you are or might be or why you were banned. Apparently whatever it was that got you banned was utterly un-memorable.

Thus, it seems nobody has been quaking in their boots awaiting your return.

So, what got you busted the first time?

dwoz
    "...but ma, audio engineering IS gainful employment!..."

"...If I wuz at that club where Miles played one note I would have bounced ONE BOTTLE off his shiny fucking coconut. What? He's Phil Glass now?..." -Slipperman

"...never attribute to magic, that which can be explained by conspiracy."
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location nc
    Posts 1,502
    Rep Power 536871082

I just asked around...nobody has the vaguest notion of who you are or might be or why you were banned. Apparently whatever it was that got you banned was utterly un-memorable.

dwoz

Lolz
    I'm a fan of cheese!
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Location Quake City
    Posts 11,749
    Rep Power 536871394

dwoz
    Who knows? Maybe insulting Aardy?
    http://www.johnnyoklahoma.com/

Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.
    Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
    The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
    Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White????
    Roadside Outcast Dept. Mallory's missing camera
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location On location...
    Posts 5,049
    Rep Power 536871206

Who knows? Maybe insulting Aardy?
    Well that's hardly a banning offense...

I mean who doesn't insult Aardy around here?

Cheers,
    Tim
    Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity.

The best radio mic system that money can buy is ALMOST as good as a $20 cable.

One of the most important things to remember about sound is:
    'Sucks' is always conducted better than 'Rules'. - Pimp-X wisdom

Never underestimate the power of stupid - Blackie C (RIP)

Ego and talent seldom go hand in hand... Talent and humble on the other hand... - Zoesch

Weedy ignores this simple bit of glaring obviousness because he is an "ELECTRIC BASS GUITARIST"(coughcough)
    and views the kick drum as a "bass riff rhythmic pattern suggestion generator" - Slipperman