Thread: Something Like Kennys ProTools Videos for Logic?

Join Date Dec 2006
    Location In my happy place!
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

Sushi Re: Something Like Kennys ProTools Videos for Logic?

Oh really?

I've never had any issues with it and i blocked it from phoning
    home but either way, keen to see whatever you do.
    Oh yeah... my entire keyboard and mouse communication went for a shite periodically. It was nutz!

I look forward to doing this, but like I said, expect it to suck (at least at first)

jord
    Real guitar heroes play real guitars!!

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Perth, Australia
    Posts 133
    Rep Power 81409999

Default Re: Something Like Kennys ProTools Videos for Logic?

i am hanging out for anything, its not the quality, its the message!
    ask & read - you can't learn less
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location DownUnder
    Posts 1,428
    Rep Power 536871055

its not the quality, its the message!
    Exactly...
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Human humor filter
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts 559
    Rep Power 536871025

i am hanging out for anything, its not the quality, its the message!
    I wholly agree!

Carry on
    "If somethings horribly wrong afterwards, then fix it... but don't second guess people before they have an opportunity to amaze you."
    - Azraphael
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Oblivion
    Posts 568
    Rep Power 536871026

Are you referring to reversing the phase on a track? If so, use the gain plug-in at unity gain and click on the reverse phase there.

If I'm off track, please enlighten me...

jord
    Thanks.

Yes, I'm referring to flipping the polarity on a track (also referred to as reversing the phase). I know I can use a plug-in to achieve this, it's just that I was surprised that there wasn't some easily accessible button. Certainly not a big deal since it's a "set it and forget" it control, and not something that needs to be continually messed with.

Again, thanks for the reply, and I look forward to any videos you care to produce, no matter what the video quality.

Calvin

"My experience has been that people who perceive a conflict between science and spirituality generally know very little about one or the other. Often they know very little about both." - Bob Ohlsson

"Real men do hard things." - Anonymous - Don't know who said it first, but I like it.
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

You can set up a key command to invert the phase in the sample editor, so no plug-in is necessary. Plus, it will be right at your fingertips (no pun intended) so you can set it and forget it, with no extra CPU power expended.

I believe I have an idea for my first video. I got it from a thread in the MiLaR area (dealing with BFD2).

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter. Breast reduction surgery candidate
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Oblivion
    Posts 568
    Rep Power 536871026

You can set up a key command to invert the phase in the sample editor, so no plug-in is necessary. Plus, it will be right at your fingertips (no pun intended) so you can set it and forget it, with no extra CPU power expended.

I believe I have an idea for my first video. I got it from a thread in the MiLaR area (dealing with BFD2).

jord
    Thanks for the tip, and I think that BFD2 would be a GREAT topic to start with.

"My experience has been that people who perceive a conflict between science and spirituality generally know very little about one or the other. Often they know very little about both." - Bob Ohlsson

"Real men do hard things." - Anonymous - Don't know who said it first, but I like it.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location DownUnder
    Posts 1,428
    Rep Power 536871055

Thanks for the tip, and I think that BFD2 would be a GREAT topic to start with.
    Why not, as long as it comes with a free copy of BFD2...
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

If you're expecting that from me, you have a better chance witnessing the 2nd coming of Christ along with the Apocalypse than seeing a free copy of BFD2.

Heck, even I had to work for mine. You know what they say: Gas or Grass - No One Rides for Free.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Oblivion
    Posts 568
    Rep Power 536871026

OK, good point. I guess I have to admit to being a bit selfish in promoting that idea.

I don't have BFD 2 yet, but planning on it (I'm currently using BFD 1.5 or whatever)

Join Date Nov 2006
    Location 10.1.1.3
    Posts 2,175
    Rep Power 494928027

Hows it coming along Jord?
    "Art is the expression of imagination, not the reproduction of reality." - Henry Moore

>> York St Recording Studios <<
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

Believe it or not, I wound up sidetracked with a stupid crackle that appeared in a mix (fortunately, one of my own songs) that I wound up obsessed with troubleshooting. I tracked it down to my version of BFD (1.5). Thus I wound myself up in a make-work project of replacing BFD with BFD2 in every piece I was working on (both mine and a clients).

I should take a break and make a video... I'm trying out a few of the screen capture utilities. The first video is going to be on how I use the beat mapping track. This will hopefully help me get my feet wet with making videos.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Garden variety weasel...has ripped flesh. Human humor filter
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 549
    Rep Power 536871024

If you're thinking of getting Snapz Pro X you might want to go to

http://www.macheist.com/

very quickly. $49 gets you this program and a number of programs more, but the offer is valid for one-and-a-half days from now.
    (Not affiliated but bought the bundle for similar reasons - and it basically works quite well.)
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location Baton Rouge, La
    Posts 744
    Rep Power 536871027

Get'r done, Jord!
    That will be a cool video to see.
     Certified iPod Trainer

Hard Rock with Logic

Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

If you're thinking of getting Snapz Pro X you might want to go to

http://www.macheist.com/

very quickly. $49 gets you this program and a number of programs more, but the offer is valid for one-and-a-half days from now.
    (Not affiliated but bought the bundle for similar reasons - and it basically works quite well.)
    OY! As much as I hate software that phones home, I bought it... actually, I have great use for a few of the pieces of software, so it's not so bad a purchase (also being an internet app developer, CSSEdit is a handy tool for me). I'm just not going to download Wingnuts right now, or I will never get any video done.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    goes looking for thin ice to walk on You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright.
    Join Date Jun 2007
    Location Lund, Sweden
    Posts 75
    Rep Power 145834174

Maybe Jord or Slipperman, or Mixerman could make some?

Any Pro Tips would be awesomeee
    Well that does sound awesome... But in the meantime, have you checked Groovebox? I think they have a decent collection of Logic vids. Haven't really looked at them myself yet, and I'm afraid to do it now, might run away and by a Symphony rig if I do
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Posts 1,550
    Rep Power 536871058

FWIW, I've started the process. I installed Snapz Pro X on my G5 (from the MacHeist bundle) and my laptop (seeing as I will never be using them both at the same time... and Ambrosia is cool with it) and I'm just getting the feel for it, trying to figure out the best settings for the web. I took a few rehearsal runs at my first topic... I definitely need to write out a script, even if it's in point form.

I plan to export them into H264 as they can then be played on almost device, including the latest version of Flash 9. It will also allow going to full screen and retain clarity. It may be a little bigger in size, but space is cheap these days.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
    Join Date Apr 2007
    Location Baton Rouge, La
    Posts 744
    Rep Power 536871027

That's great news, sir.
    I am glad to hear it.
     Certified iPod Trainer

Hard Rock with Logic

Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained