Posts 2,346
    Rep Power 536871118

Default INTRO to the forum from Pounce and Clicktrack

<tap> <tap> >tap>

<screech>

is this thing on???

Yep. Its on. And its all good.

(but stop tapping on my damn 58)

Welcome to The Live Experience Forum, a place where we'll discuss all aspects of live shows from performing, mixing, recording, or anything else about gigging. Bar gigs to tours, band perspectives and stories, tech information, recording, and the business of live sound - it's what this forum is about. We will have kickass stories from the trenches, the tech information you wish you knew a long time ago, plus tutorials/terms/lists for band and live engineers alike and some decent jokes just for fun.

By design, this forum will be casual and fun - just like a good night of gigging. As moderators, we won't put the smack down on a thread unless it's asking for it like the drunken girlfriend of the opening acts' guitartist. So just like OZ, we'll be here if needed but in the background the rest of the time. Who are your esteemed moderators you were about to ask? Well let's address that. There are two mods keeping an eye on the place: Clicktrack and Pounce.

Pounce is Paul Kavicky, a full time IATSE sound engineer. I'm currently working on audio for the musical Wicked. When not doing live sound, Pounce runs Paper Street Audio (http://www.paperstreetaudio.com), a professional project studio that combines world-class recording and engineering with the comfort of an intimate recording space. A freelance engineer for hire, Pounce has experience and stories from both studio and stage, he isn't here just for his good looks and boyish charm. Paul also can be found on myspace here

http://www.myspace.com/pounceinternational

As an aside, Paul still paints from time to time and has a DeviantArt account

http://pounceinternational.deviantart.com/gallery/

Joining Pounce with the moderation duties is Clicktrack. Clicktrack is the co-owner of Click Track Audio (www.clicktrackaudio.ca), a remote recording company based out of Ontario, Canada. The Click Track mobile is, essentially, a full recording studio on wheels, enabling the company to provide professional on-location recording for band rehearsals & demos, full concerts as well as video and DVD productions. Clicktrack has a background in electrical engineering and has also worked as a house technician for a roadhouse venue.

We hope to bring you some fun, we hope to bring you some info, we hope to bring you some insight, and we hope YOU bring US some stuff to chew on and discuss.
    Last edited by pounce; April 25th, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts 11,614
    Rep Power 536871427

Default Re: INTRO to the forum from Pounce and Clicktrack

I'm digging the vibe already Coolio
    Middle Handicapper...short game needs work Real purdy mouth
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location the music room
    Posts 1,205
    Rep Power 536871080

Hey guys

congrats on the new moderating duties.

Don
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Toronto-ish
    Posts 440
    Rep Power 536871054

Okay, this is definitely a forum to watch and participate in. Far more of my musical life is on stage than in a studio, so I'm looking forward to the chats in here.

Anyone want a twinkie?

Cheers,

Dave
    Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
    CaPE III - Catharsis
    CaPE IV - Diabolic
    CAPE 5 - Enigma, Milk Carton
    CAPE 6 - Azraphael
    CAPE 7 - Mindbender
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location In a Mobile...backstage...all by myself...
    Posts 1,861
    Rep Power 536871102

Okay, this is definitely a forum to watch and participate in. Far more of my musical life is on stage than in a studio, so I'm looking forward to the chats in here.

Anyone want a twinkie?

Cheers,

Dave

"...pass de twinkie 'pon de leff 'and side..."

Sorry...the song popped in my head...

I'm glad to see that people are interested in this place...we've found as well that, although recording is a part of what we do, our experiences put us in that live environment that can be so different than that which exists in a standard womb.

So welcome, sit back, chill and hang!

...and..um...

...are you done with that dutchie?
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Toronto-ish
    Posts 440
    Rep Power 536871054

Thanks for the welcome, click... and I'll happily share any twinkies I might have the next time your near the centre of the universe.

Cheers,

Dave
    Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
    CaPE III - Catharsis
    CaPE IV - Diabolic
    CAPE 5 - Enigma, Milk Carton
    CAPE 6 - Azraphael
    CAPE 7 - Mindbender