Thread: MiX iT! 3b - Signup to Mix for Mixerman

Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 1,070
    Rep Power 536871072

Default MiX iT! 3b - Signup to Mix for Mixerman

You may ONLY post in this thread if you are signing up for MiX iT! #3. Please post all questions in the MiX iT! #3 - Mix for Mixerman (Q&A) thread. Thx!

MiX iT! #3 - Sign Up to Mix for Mixerman

Sponsored by Kagi Media and Auraleo Advanced Learning

We are now accepting entries for mixers to participate in MiX iT! #3. Entries will be accepted until Sunday April 13 2008. (don't worry about timezones ... we're flexible ... as long as it it Sunday where you live you're fine)

You will be mixing a song called Aren't You Proud (aka "622") by Strange Faces produced by Mixerman

How to enter

1. Read the MiX iT! - Global Mixing Event thread.
    2. Submit a post confirming your entry in this thread.
    3. Copy + paste the following in your entry post: "I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."

Only upon completion of these 3 steps will your entry be accepted.

What we expect from you

If you agree to all terms and conditions we expect you to :

1. take part in phase 2 – Mix It.
    2. Post your finished Mix
    2. take part in phase 3 – Discuss It.

Basically this means that you will download the song (multitrack files). You MIX it and post your Mix and project or session file. You will get approx. 2 weeks to do this. The multitrack files will ONLY be available for download during the first week. During the last 2 days of the ‘Mix It’ phase you will be able to upload your Mix and project or session file to a dedicated thread. We do NOT want your Mix before you see that thread. Even if you finish it earlier. Of course we would very much welcome your input during the ‘Discuss It’ phase. After all that IS what this is all about – discussing mixing.

A couple things you need to agree to

1. You are free to Mix the song any way you see fit using any mixing tools you want. Time + pitch correction are NOT allowed. This is a MIXING event . Look at it this way : You are asked to do a MIX and all tracking / producing / arranging and editing of the song was done for you. All you need to do is MIX it. We want to focus on improving your mixing skills, not your editing skills.

2. You must agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons Info

Creative Commons is the license the remix sites are using to do remix events similar to what we're doing here. The following is an explanation of what Creative Commons is about from CreativeCommons.org.

“Some Rights Reserved”: Building a Layer of Reasonable Copyright

Too often the debate over creative control tends to the extremes. At one pole is a vision of total control — a world in which every last use of a work is regulated and in which “all rights reserved” (and then some) is the norm. At the other end is a vision of anarchy — a world in which creators enjoy a wide range of freedom but are left vulnerable to exploitation. Balance, compromise, and moderation — once the driving forces of a copyright system that valued innovation and protection equally — have become endangered species.

Creative Commons is working to revive them. We use private rights to create public goods: creative works set free for certain uses. Like the free software and open-source movements, our ends are cooperative and community-minded, but our means are voluntary and libertarian. We work to offer creators a best-of-both-worlds way to protect their works while encouraging certain uses of them — to declare “some rights reserved.”
    Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License

Everyone who downloads the chosen song's multitrack files must agree to the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Our basic purpose here is to protect the owners of the multitrack audio files from having others use their audio for commercial gain.

This license will grant the following rights to those downloading the tracks. The following is from CreativeCommons.org.

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

Under the following conditions:
    • Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
    • Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
    • No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
    • For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
    • Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
    • Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
    The MiX iT! file transfers for the multitrack version of the selected song will be hosted by Auraleo Advanced Learning

Enjoy !!!!!

Charles & Chris
    Last edited by Chris Lambrechts; March 3rd, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Little River Band on The Run Internet Meme
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location State of Denial
    Posts 6,407
    Rep Power 536871252

Default Re: MiX iT! 3b-Signup to Mix for Mixerman

Count me in!

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Hell yeah!
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Home Skooled
    Join Date May 2007
    Posts 13
    Rep Power 123

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    Voice like Marcel Marceau Spend years studying Twisted Sister's chord structure
    Join Date Mar 2008
    Posts 287
    Rep Power 398838601

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location 10.1.1.3
    Posts 2,173
    Rep Power 494928058

"Art is the expression of imagination, not the reproduction of reality." - Henry Moore

>> York St Recording Studios <<
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Posts 1,070
    Rep Power 536871072

Chris
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Muskegon, MI, USA
    Posts 112
    Rep Power 299455154

"I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License."
    Holloway on Facebook | CAPE 8- Team Adversity | CAPE 6- Team Normie
    President of local Trekkie club. Reprobate
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location the yoo kay
    Posts 915
    Rep Power 536871068

ok, I'm in.

I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
    Hates these rank titles! Ends jokes with… That's what she said
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 202
    Rep Power 536871045

"Happy accidents are where the magic often lies."
    (Bob Olhsson)
    Join Date Feb 2007
    Location Yellow Submarine
    Posts 584
    Rep Power 536871055

I would like to participate and I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    You can hear some of my work at http://www.thedubnicks.com - feedback appreciated!

"Think of a creative way around your problem and keep your money in your pocket." - Robert Rodriguez from his "10 Minute Film School" mini-doc on the making of his first, $7000 budget movie, El Mariachi.

"Life is work, and the reward for doing that work is more work. More difficult and beautiful work." - Andrew Wagner, director of "Starting Out In The Evening" from the film's commentary track.
    D minor, the saddest of keys! Holistic Hooligan
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Belgium
    Posts 813
    Rep Power 536871066

Join Date Feb 2007
    Posts 102
    Rep Power 38116014

Hates these rank titles! Ends jokes with… That's what she said
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Derbyshire, UK
    Posts 205
    Rep Power 352725034

I'm in!

How bad is you lifestyle when it freaks out Snoop Dog? Ask Amy Winehouse!

Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 10.5.8/6.4, 13GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0.4/9, and lots of plugs... mmm!!!

Affiliate - http://multiplatinumprotools.com/cat...e_banner_id=13

CV: http://www.box.net/shared/fpeobmn4k4
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Home Skooled
    Join Date Jul 2007
    Location Paris, France
    Posts 14
    Rep Power 121

Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Has every David Cassidy record!
    Join Date Jun 2007
    Posts 21
    Rep Power 122

I'm in, and I agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
    Surfing the net at work every day! Drives a Zamboni to work
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Location Vegas, baby!
    Posts 347
    Rep Power 536871050

wardrobe malfunction investigator Can't buy me love...considering rental options.
    Join Date Feb 2008
    Posts 32
    Rep Power 134217854

cant wait!
    whoop

the wynton of folk Suspiciously good at decorating
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 165
    Rep Power 65094578

Sign me up!
    Join Date Mar 2007
    Location Windy City
    Posts 134
    Rep Power 402653414

I'm in.
    "NOBODY moves very much in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon!" -Zorak
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Child Prodigy Gone Bad
    Join Date Sep 2007
    Posts 6
    Rep Power 120