Thread: FREE (Cheap) Indispensable Plugz

Join Date Mar 2012
    Location The Great White North
    Posts 431
    Rep Power 536870989

Default Re: FREE (Cheap) Indispensable Plugz

The Variety of Sound ThrillseekerLA is pretty close to what you're looking for, but it's limited to 32-bit PC VST. It has attack and release controls but they're both program-dependent and you can leave them at their default settings and get a decent LA2A vibe.

edit: also check out the ThrillseekerVBL, may be even closer to what you want.
    Join Date Nov 2006
    Posts 5,359
    Rep Power 536871218

The Variety of Sound ThrillseekerLA is pretty close to what you're looking for, but it's limited to 32-bit PC VST. It has attack and release controls but they're both program-dependent and you can leave them at their default settings and get a decent LA2A vibe.

edit: also check out the ThrillseekerVBL, may be even closer to what you want.
    Oh, totally forgot those, haven't used them for ages.
    Gotta check them out again, they were cool!
    When in doubt, mumble!

EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE SHIT IF YA LISTEN LONG AND HARD ENOUGH.
    Join Date Mar 2012
    Location The Great White North
    Posts 431
    Rep Power 536870989

Yeah, I still think they perform better than a lot of newer, expensive plugins!
    Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi Child Prodigy Gone Bad
    Join Date Dec 2013
    Location The Motor State
    Posts 8
    Rep Power 45

meLoCo_go and thinman my profound thanks. I always loved the Blockfish and can't explain why I was gun shy about ThrillseekerLA or the other one. Took a spin and downloaded most of Variety of Sound (my sincere thanks to the developer) Add a gate and lightweight delay and George Yhong's W1 for final limiter and that should be a great chain for tracking guests. After the fact is another story, I can change dynamics to fit of course but I just want a guests to have minimum latency and the best ear candy for the time being.

Still, Black Friday this year I'll have to see if Cakewalk came to it's senses on the CA-2A, because that you can sing into and it's a step up me thinks.