Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > DAW Zone - Logic

DAW Zone - Logic Making Logic your weapon of choice

Old January 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Bovine Scatologist
Special Olympics medalist

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to jord Send a message via Skype™ to jord
Sushi Re: Something Like Kennys ProTools Videos for Logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Oh really?

I've never had any issues with it and i blocked it from phoning
home but either way, keen to see whatever you do.
Oh yeah... my entire keyboard and mouse communication went for a shite periodically. It was nutz!

I look forward to doing this, but like I said, expect it to suck (at least at first)

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Silly Rabbit
Good hands, weak shot

luke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiationsluke_m currently in negotiations
Default Re: Something Like Kennys ProTools Videos for Logic?

i am hanging out for anything, its not the quality, its the message!
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Sioux Chef
Brokeback Mountain ranger

seagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to seagate Send a message via Skype™ to seagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_m View Post
its not the quality, its the message!
Exactly...
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM
In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter.
Human humor filter

Cheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these partsCheech is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i am hanging out for anything, its not the quality, its the message!
I wholly agree!

Carry on
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Breast reduction surgery candidate

Calvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord View Post
Are you referring to reversing the phase on a track? If so, use the gain plug-in at unity gain and click on the reverse phase there.

If I'm off track, please enlighten me...

jord
Thanks.

Yes, I'm referring to flipping the polarity on a track (also referred to as reversing the phase). I know I can use a plug-in to achieve this, it's just that I was surprised that there wasn't some easily accessible button. Certainly not a big deal since it's a "set it and forget" it control, and not something that needs to be continually messed with.

Again, thanks for the reply, and I look forward to any videos you care to produce, no matter what the video quality.

Calvin

"My experience has been that people who perceive a conflict between science and spirituality generally know very little about one or the other. Often they know very little about both." - Bob Ohlsson

"Real men do hard things." - Anonymous - Don't know who said it first, but I like it.
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Bovine Scatologist

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts

You can set up a key command to invert the phase in the sample editor, so no plug-in is necessary. Plus, it will be right at your fingertips (no pun intended) so you can set it and forget it, with no extra CPU power expended.

I believe I have an idea for my first video. I got it from a thread in the MiLaR area (dealing with BFD2).

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM

Calvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these partsCalvin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord View Post
You can set up a key command to invert the phase in the sample editor, so no plug-in is necessary. Plus, it will be right at your fingertips (no pun intended) so you can set it and forget it, with no extra CPU power expended.

I believe I have an idea for my first video. I got it from a thread in the MiLaR area (dealing with BFD2).

jord
Thanks for the tip, and I think that BFD2 would be a GREAT topic to start with.

"My experience has been that people who perceive a conflict between science and spirituality generally know very little about one or the other. Often they know very little about both." - Bob Ohlsson

"Real men do hard things." - Anonymous - Don't know who said it first, but I like it.
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Sioux Chef
Brokeback Mountain ranger

seagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these partsseagate is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to seagate Send a message via Skype™ to seagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Thanks for the tip, and I think that BFD2 would be a GREAT topic to start with.
Why not, as long as it comes with a free copy of BFD2...
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Bovine Scatologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagate View Post
If you're expecting that from me, you have a better chance witnessing the 2nd coming of Christ along with the Apocalypse than seeing a free copy of BFD2.

Heck, even I had to work for mine. You know what they say: Gas or Grass - No One Rides for Free.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagate View Post
OK, good point. I guess I have to admit to being a bit selfish in promoting that idea.

I don't have BFD 2 yet, but planning on it (I'm currently using BFD 1.5 or whatever)

Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Famous Celebuskank
Came from Miami EFFLA

CaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiationsCaptainHook currently in negotiations
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainHook

Hows it coming along Jord?

>> York St Recording Studios <<
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Bovine Scatologist

Believe it or not, I wound up sidetracked with a stupid crackle that appeared in a mix (fortunately, one of my own songs) that I wound up obsessed with troubleshooting. I tracked it down to my version of BFD (1.5). Thus I wound myself up in a make-work project of replacing BFD with BFD2 in every piece I was working on (both mine and a clients).

I should take a break and make a video... I'm trying out a few of the screen capture utilities. The first video is going to be on how I use the beat mapping track. This will hopefully help me get my feet wet with making videos.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Garden variety weasel...has ripped flesh.
Was once married to Larry King

Oberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these partsOberlehrer is infamous around these parts

If you're thinking of getting Snapz Pro X you might want to go to

http://www.macheist.com/

very quickly. $49 gets you this program and a number of programs more, but the offer is valid for one-and-a-half days from now.
(Not affiliated but bought the bundle for similar reasons - and it basically works quite well.)
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Plays in Winger cover band
Michigan J. Frog

waterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these parts

Get'r done, Jord!
That will be a cool video to see.

Hard Rock with Logic

Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
Bovine Scatologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberlehrer View Post
If you're thinking of getting Snapz Pro X you might want to go to

http://www.macheist.com/

very quickly. $49 gets you this program and a number of programs more, but the offer is valid for one-and-a-half days from now.
(Not affiliated but bought the bundle for similar reasons - and it basically works quite well.)
OY! As much as I hate software that phones home, I bought it... actually, I have great use for a few of the pieces of software, so it's not so bad a purchase (also being an internet app developer, CSSEdit is a handy tool for me). I'm just not going to download Wingnuts right now, or I will never get any video done.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:51 AM
goes looking for thin ice to walk on
You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright.

stiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiationsstiff currently in negotiations

Quote:
Maybe Jord or Slipperman, or Mixerman could make some?

Any Pro Tips would be awesomeee
Well that does sound awesome... But in the meantime, have you checked Groovebox? I think they have a decent collection of Logic vids. Haven't really looked at them myself yet, and I'm afraid to do it now, might run away and by a Symphony rig if I do

Pro Tools Operator DVD
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Bovine Scatologist

FWIW, I've started the process. I installed Snapz Pro X on my G5 (from the MacHeist bundle) and my laptop (seeing as I will never be using them both at the same time... and Ambrosia is cool with it) and I'm just getting the feel for it, trying to figure out the best settings for the web. I took a few rehearsal runs at my first topic... I definitely need to write out a script, even if it's in point form.

I plan to export them into H264 as they can then be played on almost device, including the latest version of Flash 9. It will also allow going to full screen and retain clarity. It may be a little bigger in size, but space is cheap these days.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Plays in Winger cover band
Michigan J. Frog

waterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these partswaterboy is infamous around these parts

That's great news, sir.
I am glad to hear it.

Hard Rock with Logic

Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained