Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > The Sounding Board

The Sounding Board song and mix critique forum

Old May 18th, 2010, 01:14 AM
First Kiss
Wanker

playitmobil is on a distinguished road
Default =>moog modular arabic'house track :)

Hi everyone, here you can check one of my tracks so you can have an idea of who's playitmobil

http://soundcloud.com/fred-baxter/motion-girl

i just registered and it first looks like the alibaba's cave here

A big cave, dont know in wich part of this forum i must go to find what i m looking for... this track, motion girl, is my first "serious" work with the moog modular V vst. I m seeking for ppls who can help me get this hell stuff listening to my desires !

I would like ppls able to help in synthesis to listen to the kick. I think lots of ppls knows the kicks are nearly the most important sound in house minimalist music. It takes the whole ambiance and shake it from sky to earth. The best is from sky to under the ground, 2 or 3 meters under the ground is good

The fact is that i made that kick with something like a bassy click on the moog + a tons of maximizers Eqs multi dynamics etc. vsts (i m working with ableton live).

why the moog ? because it plays mobil never the same sound and the problem of dynamism is cleared with the analogs (even numerics immitations). I mean, no need to make a lots of changes to catch a spirit because the sound itself is already vivid, living evolving changing.. _I could speak alot in this section of text./

I saved my presets of that kick .. then i made a re installation of my system. And then the presets was .. fu__ed up. So, i started the remake one, the same smoothy but kicking kick and i have been telling myself after an hour in the kick only @ 0dB world =>

"isnt it possible to make it only with the moog ? without a chain of 43 vst ? i need to find i need to learn."

So well.... Here are all the facts , it s sureley a domain of electronic phases etc.. I realy hope somebody can help. The moog is working with vcas filters etc but i dont know the best chain to approach that kind of kicks.

sorry for the language mistakes if it occured, i m from belgium, french speaking.

btw this board is about tracks criticism so if you wanna, leave your thoughts!

Fredbaxtermobil
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Loves British 'Cuisine'

TubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these parts
Default Re: =>moog modular arabic'house track :)

You seem curious and courageous enough to go on a road less traveled, and not just use a stack of kick samples like everybody else. The Moog idea is great... you get a nice sort of Villalobos vibe going in the first part.

Then you go off on a tangent and go ambient with vocals instead of building up on the rhythm track's excitement... why not, but I'm less convinced by the voice snippets after having heard that gorgeous Arabic voice... I miss it.

Sorry, you want tips to get a good kick out of a modular. Honestly, I never tried that... I think you're pretty close. You might wanna use maybe one kick sample, hard as a nail, of which you'd filter everything under 100hz and let your moog take over under that for the lower part. Maybe a rhythmically moving side-chained filter on the top part of the kick too, to make it groove frequency-wise, a couple bars-cycle? Oops, I'm getting carried away.

Of course, if after that you want to add a bass line, that's when the going will get tough!

Keep up the good work man you're on the right track
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:55 PM
First Kiss
Wanker

playitmobil is on a distinguished road

I really would love to make it with a single modulation...
But it's not a bad idea to get the smooth from the moog and a central >100hz attack with something else. A friend already told me about "multi parts" sound making, I ll give it more attention .

Thanks for the reply

Sympa violent valse on Villablack It's only remix or did you recorded intruments/voices ?
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Loves British 'Cuisine'

TubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these parts

It's a remix I did for French electro-gypsy-jazz (!) band Caravan Palace.