Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > DAW Zone - Logic

DAW Zone - Logic Making Logic your weapon of choice

Old March 27th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Buster
Lonely forest ranger

pounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these partspounce is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to pounce
Default the 9.1.7 update was just released

just downloading now.

paul
www.paperstreetaudio.com
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Bovine Scatologist
Dwayne Hoover

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to jord Send a message via Skype™ to jord
Sushi Re: the 9.1.7 update was just released

DAMN! Didn't see that one coming!

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Man With A Microview
Faded rockers wildlife reserve guard

Fulcrum has disabled reputation
Default Re: the 9.1.7 update was just released

Neither did Apple, apparently. Their release notes still point to the 9.1.6 documentation.

I'm about to fly it now and expect no major catastrophes.
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Scrabble Tile Arranger
Theo's brother the Painter

Zoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these partsZoesch is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoesch

I just updated, so far I can't see anything broken...

Then again, I said the same thing about Cubase 6.5 and boy oh boy was I wrong...

Coded messages in plain text...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwoz
Most audiophiles could listen to PERFECT pink noise and get just as much enjoyment out of it.
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM
goes looking for thin ice to walk on
Can't drive 55!

Kita is on a distinguished road

Anybody else having problems with this version? I am having constant crashes. Crashing when I convert audio to score. Crashing when I use transposition. Crashing if I am working in it randomly for no reason. It probably crashes at least once an hour, usually more.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi
Slippy's codpiece...ewwww.

preben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiationspreben currently in negotiations

9.1.7 working fine here.
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
Man With A Microview

No worries here either. Have you been sending the crash reports to Apple at least?
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
No worries here either. Have you been sending the crash reports to Apple at least?
9 out of 10 crashes are the spinning beach ball of death, so I have to force quit and don't get a crash report.
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Man With A Microview

That's bizarre. On my end, if I have to force an app, the Finder generally takes notice and puts up a dialog anyway asking if I want to send a report. I wouldn't even know how to turn that off if I wanted to...
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Can't drive 55!

I may have it backwards then. I'll make sure to send them if it actually makes a difference.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:01 PM
Brigader
Came from Miami EFFLA

Slipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these partsSlipperman is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Anybody else having problems with this version? I am having constant crashes. Crashing when I convert audio to score. Crashing when I use transposition. Crashing if I am working in it randomly for no reason. It probably crashes at least once an hour, usually more.
Quote:
9 out of 10 crashes are the spinning beach ball of death, so I have to force quit and don't get a crash report.

Quote:
I may have it backwards then. I'll make sure to send them if it actually makes a difference.
Noz has ONE comment for you Kita:

"Skill lackage".

I ain't sayin' shit.

9.1.7 working fine in "A"(so far) in 64-bit mode for the last 3-4 days.

We are JUST switching to it in "B" and "C" right now.

Fingers crossed.

The 32 bit bridge thing is a PITA for the plugs that require it, but the operational speed differences and CPU load characteristics improvements over 32 bit ops are legion, and the most exciting difference in Logic's basic operational silhouette in quite a while, in my estimation.

I need to haul ass much more than I need more BS whistles and bells.

Not that I don't embrace that stuff... Just NOT at the expense of baseline op efficiency.

OK. Kita. Kill ya.

HOHOHO.

XOXOX

SM.

PS. You running Lion or Snow Leopard? We're still in SL in all the control rooms.

Noz has 9.1.7 in 64bit mode on Lion on his laptop and it's been as buggy as an anthill.

Just sayin'.
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Can't drive 55!

I'm running OSX 10.7.4.

I am actually buying a new iMAC when they come out next week (hopefully) and was thinking about trying 64 bit.

Also, I previously had a "non legit" version of Logic on my MBP and I purchased it. I used AppZapper to get rid of the previous version but I wonder if something of it stuck around to cause my normal version to be buggy.

The funny thing is that my non legit version hardly ever crashed. Now that I have a real version, it crashes about 20x as much.
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Comfortably dumb
Commissioner of Rock and Roll!

vocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these partsvocalnick is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
I need to haul ass much more than I need more BS whistles and bells.

Not that I don't embrace that stuff... Just NOT at the expense of baseline op efficiency.
I've been lax on this front lately, but the other night I learned a lesson I'll not forget in a hurry.

I'm using Mainstage 2.0 for a sort of hybrid cover band/DJ arrangement we've got going down here. 50 minute non-stop sets, live drums, live guitar, I'm doing keys & bass guitar, plus providing the click, because my rig's been the most reliable.

HAH!

When software update prompted me to go from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 I assumed I'd be fine. It's a minor point-release, and the only mission-critical software I'm running is also from Apple. I'm sure they've at least tested their own software with it, right? What could possibly go wrong?

Turns out the answer to that question is "your macbook pro could crash with a spinning beachball around 20-25 minutes into each set and you'll lose your click AND all your fancy synths."

I suppose I should consider myself lucky it didn't send a cavalcade of joyful square waves into the PA.

Thankfully we're all experienced enough players to cover it without any audible problems. I just jumped on the bass guitar, then we free-wheeled it until the end of each set. But it's not an experience I care to repeat.

I jumped on google the following day, and it seems to be a common problem. Motherfucker. Rolled it all back now (yay backups!) and it seems fine, but it appears that I may be stuck on 10.7.3. No biggie - my studio PC is still on Snow Leopard because my control surface/interface won't talk to Lion at all.

Good lord I fucking hate computers sometimes.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Man With A Microview

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalnick View Post
When software update prompted me to go from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 I assumed I'd be fine. It's a minor point-release, and the only mission-critical software I'm running is also from Apple. I'm sure they've at least tested their own software with it, right? What could possibly go wrong?

Turns out the answer to that question is "your macbook pro could crash with a spinning beachball around 20-25 minutes into each set and you'll lose your click AND all your fancy synths."
Sigh. I'd been reluctant to bring my MacBook Pro up to Lion for fear of hearing stories like this.

Hope you're right and that rolling back sorted it.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Bovine Scatologist
Dwayne Hoover

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to jord Send a message via Skype™ to jord

Weird... I haven't seen an issue like this with Logic and Lion and I'm at 10.7.4. Not that I am looking for an issue, but just saying...

I wonder if it may have to do with the way I have things set up on my unit.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott