Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > The Sounding Board

The Sounding Board song and mix critique forum

Old April 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Ambidextrous Onanist
Internet bigmouth

Grapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these parts
Default Alas for the ghost of the Songwriter's Challenge forum...

I didn't realize until now that it is officially defunct. I'm not sure when that happened, but that's a shame.

I realize of course why it happened: few indeed of us were participating toward the end, and then the main mod had first-order real life issues take priority

Still...

I've recently been going through and typing out lyrics to all my songs and trying to figure out when I wrote what... In the course of that, I've been traipsing through that boarded up old house and getting a little sad at its loss.

When Mac first suggested that putting an arbitrary deadline and other random restrictions on a song project could be helpful, I have to say I doubted him. In hindsight, though, having looked back recently, he was right. I wrote a couple of my better songs to suit his silly challenges... and the ones that sucked: no loss.

So anyway:

Alas for the failure of a worthy endeavor.

And a very belated thank you to McAllister for his efforts running the place. It did me some good, anyway.

Cheers,
Mike
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Blonde on Blonde is a record?
Calls Football Soccer

Carlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Carlo
Default Re: Alas for the ghost of the Songwriter's Challenge forum...

Grape, I hear ya... let's break it open once again!

I, for one, simply love coming to the Womb for players to play with. Dropping vocals on a song, a bass line, lead, etc., are all available here, in the greatest backstage on the net!

Post an idea, and allow it to be added to...ya keep the good, and thank the bad!

Challenge? I see no challenge, just music.

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Old April 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Man from Glad understudy
Burma Shaver

HalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these partsHalfBlood is infamous around these parts

Count me in!

As soon as I get a kik mic, I'll finally be able to record drums for online participation :-)

Also would be kind of cool to do it like a learning experience: I dunno say everybody who wants takes a crack at mixing or something.

Also it would be great to have some input/tutorials on songwriting from people who really understand it. I can never really find books that go into this properly. Most books are about harmony (although that's also really interesting) or the usual things that everyone knows about songwriting.

There were some interesting and unusual considerations on it in Mixerman's book, but the book isn't really about songwriting so it doesn't delve into it that much.

Cape 7 Team Mindbenders - Lead Vox

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:31 PM
wardrobe malfunction investigator
"Mock Chicken" joke?...could be American.

Raphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiations
Send a message via Skype™ to Raphael Oran

Man, that's sad... Maybe I still be here on Earth to make some online projects also.. This why I came inside the womb again

me too new, I gotta learn many things here, and there's a study that says that, after 2 years, our head just absorbs 20% of the information of what we read, 40% when listening and 70% when we make things by our own... And this opportunity makes this place kind of unique...

When I subscribed here this year, after reading Mixerman's book, Cape's registration had passed already... shit!
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Ambidextrous Onanist
Internet bigmouth

Grapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these partsGrapestomper is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael Oran View Post
Man, that's sad... Maybe I still be here on Earth to make some online projects also.. This why I came inside the womb again
Hey Rapa,

I don't mean to mourn the death of collaboration here at the Womb. There's lots of that going on, and Cape is only one example.

The difference with the Songwriter's Challenge forum was that it was just about the craft of writing songs, separated from all other considerations of production and recording.

Also, because of the "challenge" part, it would push you in some odd directions, and the fact that some other people you "know" are facing the same weird challenges and coming up with completely different solutions to them was a cool aspect to it.

Just wanted to say I miss it and that it lead me to some good songs.
M
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Blonde on Blonde is a record?
Calls Football Soccer

Carlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Carlo

All being said, we'll up for any collabs that should be posted...if ya want some bass, ask...vocals, ask...leads, ask...etc.,etc., and let the music grow!

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
wardrobe malfunction investigator
"Mock Chicken" joke?...could be American.

Raphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiationsRaphael Oran currently in negotiations
Send a message via Skype™ to Raphael Oran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapestomper View Post
Just wanted to say I miss it and that it lead me to some good songs.
M
Sure, sure, I understood that... I'm the one whose wailing here...

I'd already read the Songwriter's Challenge, and I saw some incredible jobs there... (and some fucking crazy requests also)

Nice Carlo, if you guys need a bass track, just ask... me and my friend bola would be glad in helping...