Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Forums > New Product Alerts and Promotions

New Product Alerts and Promotions If it's about products used to record music, it ain't spam.

Old June 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
In a world of ones and zeros...this one's the latter.
Sketchy driving record

Toonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiations
Default The world needs more LA2A and 1176!!!

First... UAD brought them to you...
Then... CLA/Waves challenged!
Lately... IK Multimedia jumps in!
Now... Native Instruments screams "gooo"!!

:-O

(And I'm not even mentioning the hordes of freeware and "inspired by" variations out there... does the world need more of these?? Discuss...)

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...s/?src=newsbar
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Sketchy driving record

Toonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiationsToonman currently in negotiations
Default Re: The world needs more LA2A and 1176!!!

I must say... the audio demos sound... well... much better than I expected... :-|
(Powered by Softube... hhmm...)
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Has Many Personal Intergritys
Expensive Boat Anchor

weedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these parts

you mean the world needs more plug ins with PICTURES of La2a and 1176 compressors...
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Womb Legend!
Expensive Boat Anchor

Bob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these parts

First Bomb Factory brought them to us.
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Sketchy driving record

I stand corrected (on both points)...
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Voice like Marcel Marceau
Aardvark makes parts of me levitate

majestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiationsmajestikc currently in negotiations

It IS quite crazy actually.

I think it was on this forum where something somebody said (Weedywet if I remember) really hit home with me about how absurd it is to try and make something sound like what it's impossible to sound like.

It's like getting a horse to imitate a lion. It might kind of be possible....but WHY!

I'm not saying ones better or worse than the other, it's just crazy to try and get one to BE like the other.
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Rep point slut.
Worked with toxic chemicals...can you tell?

Tyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiationsTyrus currently in negotiations

So wait...does this mean you have to run Guitar Rig in order to run these compressors?

Talk about screwing over your DSP.

The side chain idea i like, something the UA and CLA versions do not have.

Last edited by Tyrus; June 9th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Roadside Outcast Dept.
Full Sailsman

Tim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these partsTim Halligan is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Tim Halligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
...and I did nothing...

Cheers,
Tim

The best radio mic system that money can buy is ALMOST as good as a $20 cable.

One of the most important things to remember about sound is:
'Sucks' is always conducted better than 'Rules'. - Pimp-X wisdom

Never underestimate the power of stupid - Blackie C (RIP)

Ego and talent seldom go hand in hand... Talent and humble on the other hand... - Zoesch

Weedy ignores this simple bit of glaring obviousness because he is an "ELECTRIC BASS GUITARIST"(coughcough)
and views the kick drum as a "bass riff rhythmic pattern suggestion generator" - Slipperman
Old June 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Thick as a Brick House
Cone of Silence inventor

radiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these partsradiationroom is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Then they went bankrupt and Digide$ign bought what was left....
"The tech sector is like a guy in a crowded prison cell, who finds a hand grenade, and sets it off, so that he'll have the entire cell to himself." - Dwoz
Old June 12th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Womb Legend!
Expensive Boat Anchor

Bob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these partsBob Olhsson is infamous around these parts

Actually I understand they did pretty well!
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth!- Paul Robeson
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Sketchy driving record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
So wait...does this mean you have to run Guitar Rig in order to run these compressors?

Talk about screwing over your DSP.

The side chain idea i like, something the UA and CLA versions do not have.
AFAI understand this, they do run "wrapped" within Guitar Rig, but no components of Guitar Rig are loaded when you use the plugins (unless you load them into a more complex processing chain). In other words, there SHOULD be no impact to your CPU load beyond what the plugin would do by itself. I can't say for myself, but that's what I think should happen (otherwise, it'd be a shame...)
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi
no, I'm not bitter....really I'm not

sweetpea is on a distinguished road

you could always buy a studio electronics SC-C2S for an 1176 poormans emulation. It actually is hardware though so it might not color your sound.
I have great ad/da converters so I like the way it works with Virtual samples and such, but it really gives a bigger sound so the plug ins and their pictures might be more desirable.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Annie Lennox Lewis
Expensive Boat Anchor

John Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedywet View Post
you mean the world needs more plug ins with PICTURES of La2a and 1176 compressors...
Ex-FUCKING- Zactly!

Love the hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi
no, I'm not bitter....really I'm not

R. Dunbar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestikc View Post
I'm not saying ones better or worse than the other, it's just crazy to try and get one to BE like the other.
Back in my DAW days, I always used the stock plugins for that reason. They're designed to work, not look like something that works. And having simulated knobs is complete nonsense IMO. Sliders make much more sense in the virtual world, but sorry, they don't put pretty images of vintage equipment in your head when you use em. They're way easier to use and keep track of.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Brigader
Monet, Not Manet!

Comte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these partsComte de St Germain is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Dunbar View Post
Sliders make much more sense in the virtual world, but sorry, they don't put pretty images of vintage equipment in your head when you use em.
A Range!

"all is indecipherable to him who is not prepared; he can see nothing, read nothing in the interior..."
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Plays in Winger cover band
Potential defenestration victim

Henchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiations

Quote:
And the only thing they resembled was teh graphic representation.
Other than that, the bomb factory stuff was shit.
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Expensive Boat Anchor

weedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these partsweedywet is infamous around these parts

really?

these aren't carefully level matched, I did this in about 10 minutes, but they all sound awfully similar to me.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 straight.mp3 (562.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: mp3 bf.mp3 (562.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: mp3 cl.mp3 (562.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: mp3 mc.mp3 (562.9 KB, 11 views)
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Expensive Boat Anchor

and...

they are all doing about -2 gain reduction
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 ren.mp3 (562.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: mp3 ur.mp3 (562.9 KB, 11 views)
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Henchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiationsHenchman currently in negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedywet View Post
really?

these aren't carefully level matched, I did this in about 10 minutes, but they all sound awfully similar to me.
What does the abbreviation stand for?
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
What does the abbreviation stand for?
Gain reduction of -2 is hardly worth the effort of using a compressor.
I do more gain reduction than that, riding a fader.