Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Forums > From GEAR to Eternity

From GEAR to Eternity You may now openly lust for gear

Old May 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
goes looking for thin ice to walk on
little Lord Fauntleroy

winvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiations
Default Converter Quandary....

Apogee Symphony vs Lynx Aurora. Please discuss.
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
And Then there Were Three Dog Night
Group sex therapist

meLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these partsmeLoCo_go is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to meLoCo_go
Default Re: Converter Quandary....

Symphony is customizeable, so you can probably tailor it for exactly what you need, Aurora is cheaper and probably more bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE SHIT IF YA LISTEN LONG AND HARD ENOUGH.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
little Lord Fauntleroy

winvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiationswinvbass currently in negotiations

Wondered if anybody had had experience of both really. We use Apogee Rosetta at present so wondered if anybody thought that the switch to Lynx would feel like a downgrade.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Brigader
Expensive Boat Anchor

otek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these parts

In my opinion, it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Though I am kind of curious as to why you are switching, since you appear to be doing it within roughly the same price/performance bracket?

Unless you are doing it specifically because you like the sound of the Lynx Aurora, but since you are asking this question it would appear you don't really know what it sounds like?

otek
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Surfing the net at work every day!
Voted for Eisenhower 'cause Lincoln won the war

JNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiationsJNZ-AE currently in negotiations

With the Symphony you will have expandability like nobody's business.

I mean, if you have a Mac with Thunderbolt, soon you could have a 32 I/O system one one tiny TB cable.

But the Lynx is cheaper, and there are good records being made with them as we speak...sooo...
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
little Lord Fauntleroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by otek View Post
In my opinion, it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Though I am kind of curious as to why you are switching, since you appear to be doing it within roughly the same price/performance bracket?

Unless you are doing it specifically because you like the sound of the Lynx Aurora, but since you are asking this question it would appear you don't really know what it sounds like?

otek
You're I've yet to here eirher Symphony or Lynx converters in action, let alone on an AB situation.
At the mo we only have an HD1 set up with a couple of the old Digi 96 boxes clocked to a Rosetta800. It limits us to 48k on any sort of reasonable track count. In order to move up to 96k we were going to go to HDX and we are looking at the I/O options is all.
W