Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > The Sounding Board

The Sounding Board song and mix critique forum

Old July 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM
goes looking for thin ice to walk on
Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book

johnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to johnnysolo
Default 15 Minutes of Fame

This is kind of an organic song I wrote awhile ago. It didn't really fit into my bands' portfolio (yeah - like we have a portfolio!) but I wanted to finish it anyways. I sang it, and unfortunately (especially for you), I'm not a singer so it is what it is with as much tuning as I can tolerate. The instruments were (and this is from memory):
piano (if you call it that) - some crappy VST instrument which at least played the melody.
v-drums - added reverb for ambiance - the song needs a good drum ambiance sound which I tried to reproduce with reverb to no avail.
guitar - PRS copy (from agile)
fender twin - greasy ending solo tone
Line 6 AX2 - most of the other tones
bass - aren't they all the same? some headless bass I think
cowbell - none... maybe there should be a cowbell?

Anyhow, if there's anything offensive in this mix, please let me know.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 15 Min of Fame - 7-20-2010.mp3 (3.89 MB, 28 views)
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Blonde on Blonde is a record?
Calls Football Soccer

Carlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these partsCarlo is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to Carlo
Default Re: 15 Minutes of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysolo View Post
bass - aren't they all the same? some headless bass I think

Cheers!
Unless it's a '67 Golden Tobacco P-Bass...but I digress!

I like these...slowly but surely, keep cranking the form, and put real instruments into the mix...this is a great place for that type thing...

You tell a story, and that's half the battle right there!

"You don't make music for immortality, you make music for the moment, capturing the sheer joy of being alive on planet Earth... Everybody should live it that way." Ray Manzarek

Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Annie Lennox Lewis
Expensive Boat Anchor

John Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these partsJohn Eppstein is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Unless it's a '67 Golden Tobacco P-Bass...but I digress!

I like these...slowly but surely, keep cranking the form, and put real instruments into the mix...this is a great place for that type thing...

You tell a story, and that's half the battle right there!
I used to have a lovely P-Bass - '59 2 color sunburst body with a '60 neck that was sold as a '61. It got stolen by a "friend" of mine when I was out on tour in the early '80s. I miss that bass.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
goes looking for thin ice to walk on
Thinks 'Catcher in the Rye' refers to a book

johnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these partsjohnnysolo is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to johnnysolo

I guess headless basses are a hot item. Our bass player had his steinie stolen many times! But he lives in Philly - that'll happen.