Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Forums > Zen and the Art of Mixing

Zen and the Art of Mixing Advanced mixing techniques

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Ducked in here to avoid the paparazzi
Home Skooled

JBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiations
Default Mac OS help for PT.

Hey guys,

I heard on PSN today that we shouldn't update to 10.4.9. Well, I was on vacation last week, and in the process of trying to catch up, like an idiot, I updated...what do you want, I'm a drummer. Anyway how do I undo? I tried reinstalling 10.4.7 but it wont let me. Any tips?

Thanks,

JB
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Little River Band on The Run
Internet Meme

Brendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiations
Send a message via MSN to Brendo Send a message via Yahoo to Brendo Send a message via Skype™ to Brendo
Default Re: Mac OS help for PT.

well. have you had any problems yet?

if not, dont fix what aint broke.
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Home Skooled

JBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiationsJBoggs currently in negotiations

Brendo,

I would usually agree, but it was a fire and brimstone message from waves. If I can't figure it out in a day or two I'll tempt fate.

Thanks
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Internet Meme

Brendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiationsBrendo currently in negotiations
Send a message via MSN to Brendo Send a message via Yahoo to Brendo Send a message via Skype™ to Brendo

the only way i can see you getting back to 10.4.8 is by doing an archive and install from the original system disk and then using the combo updater to bring yourself back up to 10.4.8... then certain apps will need to be reinstalled, etc.

i believe there was a thread on this recently here somewhere, do a search on "archive and install".
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Voice like Marcel Marceau
Aardvark makes parts of me levitate

FajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these partsFajitaTone is infamous around these parts

What version of protools are you using?

7.2 and on can benefit from the upgrade.

check and see if your WAVES needs updating. you may have WUP issues though, like a wallet emptying issue. That sucks.

My WUP is up to date, and so far no issues. What version of the waveshell are you using?
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Large dairy air enthusiast
Portable toilet attendant

PSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these partsPSN Big Al is infamous around these parts

I've heard of Pro Tools not working on the latest update for
some. One of the fixes mentioned was to simply reinstall PT and
that fixed it.

However, Waves has said that there stuff just does not work
with the latest update. However, haven't heard from anyone
yet that has tried it.

Maybe you can be the guinea pig?
My Podcast: The Project Studio Network Podcast

"I don't care if you got 90 tracks, what does it sound like, baby?" - Ray Charles
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Home Skooled

Thanks guys!!!! WUP is up to date, I have not heard back from waves tech support yet. I'll be the guinea pig later today...again thanks.

JB
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Internet Meme

have you tried your waves stuff, though?
Old March 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM
wardrobe malfunction investigator
"Mock Chicken" joke?...could be American.

mmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond reputemmf1978 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with PTLE and 10.4.9 is that when you update using your computers auto update, PT won't launch in some cases. It will bounce a couple of times then nothing.

If this is your situation the solution is to go to the apple website and download the "combo updater." This combo update fixes the launching problem.

This is what happened to me and everything is fine.

I have no experience with Waves.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Old March 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Home Skooled

Thanks mmf1978,

I plan on firing it up later today, waves tech got back to me and said the problem was more of a Logic user issue…I will post my results.

Thanks
JB
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:44 AM
Home Skooled

All for nothin'!! Everything works fine. Thanks for the input!!

JB
Old April 1st, 2007, 04:57 AM
Home Skooled

gobuttonguy is on a distinguished road

LE 7.3.1
OS X 10.4.9
Mac Pro
Waves Native Power Pack
Waves Renn Maxx Native

No problems.