Mixerman Radio Show Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars From Hell Radio CAPE The Best of Charles Dye Aadry's and Dwoz's Rotation Station
Mixerman's Diaries
Occupy by when?!?!, it's CAPE 10? I'm not ready!!!!!! Zen & Tao of Producing w/The Saint! Zen & Tao of Producing w/Ken Scott! Zen, The Blood Red Vampire Forum, Mwahahahaha!!!

Go Back   The Womb > The Womb Network > DAW Zone - Logic

DAW Zone - Logic Making Logic your weapon of choice

Old January 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

TubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these parts
Default That little speaker button...

... under the "Browser" tab in the Media window.

How do you get it to stay "on" (green)?

When I'm browsing through samples, it seems I have to go back and click on the damn thing every time just to be able to hear the next sample. That ain't right. Tried shift/option/ctrl - click, no dice. I select the next sample, speaker is off again.

I'm missing something obviously but wtf?!
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

TubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these partsTubaSolo is infamous around these parts
Default Re: That little speaker button...

Crickets!?!?

...hmmmmm...

Okay. Lemme guess. My question was ignored beeecauuuse...

a- the answer is SO obvious, you fine folks don't want to embarrass me by telling it like it is. Well, tell me anyway cause I still ain't got a clue.

b- nobody has any idea wtf I'm talking about.

c- you all hate me and my dumbass Logic newbie questions and I smell like French Roquefort cheese.

Should I make a poll out of this?
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Owns and wears an Elvis jumpsuit
Owns a kick-start dildo

qharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to qharley

B
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Large dairy air enthusiast
Fine Bass Compressor

Ein Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Ein Mangfaldig Kar Send a message via MSN to Ein Mangfaldig Kar Send a message via Skype™ to Ein Mangfaldig Kar

C

so my fellow blower of brass-instruments; tell me: what's wrong / hard about hitting the "space" bar to listen to the samples?

Old January 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Voice like Marcel Marceau
Left handed polo player...not good.

Ashermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these partsAshermusic is infamous around these parts

C.

Unfortunately, it will not stay on, you do have to click it each time.
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

"C"!? "C"?!? Well, I fuque you!! No, I phuque you!!

Gotta click or press the spacebar every time hmm? Merde alors! Oh well... not my day...

Old January 16th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Fine Bass Compressor

Ein Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these partsEin Mangfaldig Kar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Ein Mangfaldig Kar Send a message via MSN to Ein Mangfaldig Kar Send a message via Skype™ to Ein Mangfaldig Kar

:p

If you change file before the file currrently playing ends, the newly selected file will start playing directly..
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Bovine Scatologist
Special Olympics medalist

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to jord Send a message via Skype™ to jord
Sushi Re: That little speaker button...

And to think, I was gonna say "D".

And, no, the speaker doesn't stay on... and to me that is somewhat of a good thing because the last thing I need is a sonic surprise.

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Owns and wears an Elvis jumpsuit
Owns a kick-start dildo

qharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these partsqharley is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to qharley

... Like the time I came in, switched on the system, console, PC and almost popped the cores out of the main drivers with a windows "TAA DAA". Someone was fidling with the settings and obviously did not get a sound out of the system: I did however

Next day I had a more fitting OS installed on there...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

I'm just sayin'... it's a fuckin pita when you're looking for one kick sample amidst 150, and you have to click on that damn little speaker-thing every time.

On top of my wish list: have an option/command/ctrl-click to make it stay on, until you click somewhere in the arrange or mix window again, which would mean you're done with the media window for now.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:24 AM
Fine Bass Compressor

again:
What is the problem with hitting the space bar?

you can have your mouse up by the samples, or use the arrow-keys to nagivate("look ma' ; no mouse!")..

Opposed to doing a small dance before auditioning samples, a simple direct aproach wins for me every time.

And space and play go hand in hand....

I never can decide for a sample after just one go through any way....

oh well...
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

Thanks Ein, but here when I hit the spacebar it toggles sequence play on / off and that's it. Doesn't do jack for the media window (I select a sample, hit the spacebar and the song starts playing).

Maybe some key command re-assigning has to be done? I should look into that shortly.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Brigader
Expensive Boat Anchor

otek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubaSolo View Post
Maybe some key command re-assigning has to be done?
Many key commands change depending on which window is active. So make sure you have the right window active when you hit something.

otek
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

For some reason my key commands were still assigned to the US default keyboard. Switching to a French one did the trick (options -> presets in the key commands window)

It's all waaaay better now...

Can't believe I've been working like that for almost a year
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Fine Bass Compressor

Ah!

That's Logic for you!
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Brigader
Expensive Boat Anchor

otek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these partsotek is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Switching to a French one did the trick
You frogs do everything backwards.

otek
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Bovine Scatologist
Special Olympics medalist

jord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these partsjord is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to jord Send a message via Skype™ to jord
Sushi Re: That little speaker button...

Quote:
Can't believe I've been working like that for almost a year
Neither can we...

jord

Jordan%20L.%20Chilcott
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Bewildered Brigader
Fort Apache Doorman

Well most commands did work... the keysets are not that different.